Swans against The World

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No respect for the Swans. Hope they are embarrassed again ala 2014 where they took the biggest flogging of a minor premier in a Grand Final in the 119 year history of the VFL/AFL.

We don't need any more *'s in this sport, and the significant advantages that the league gives the Swans will mean we will always look back at 05 and 12 (hopefully not 16) and say 'yeah, but.....'
Stay classy Hedgehodgy. It's great posters like you that have made Hawthorn supporters so universally admired on Bigfooty. Give me a hug, big guy!

Great to see the doggies get through, I'm remaining neutral, hope for a close hard fought contest next Saturday, may the best team win! Best of luck to both sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im quite happy the dogs made it. Imagine a GF without any interstate sides!!
We almost had our first GF full of local sides though.

The haves v the have nots.

Concessions v blue collar

The AFL love child v the plucky underdogs

Win it for the goodness of humanity Doggies.

This will be the narrative, but Sydney were the have-not, blue collar side who found success as the plucky underdogs. I would not begrudge the Dogs a win if that is how the game turns out, but Swans fans know more than anyone what this feels like for Footscray supporters.

People don't like us so they conveniently rewrite our history. We're are a foundation club, have won only 5 premierships in our history and have enjoyed our first period of sustained success since the 1930s. That's the truth of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back