Swans against The World

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
im sitting in awe....have the bulldogs just made a grand final without a full team to select from ?...what an effort... i mean fancy finishing 7th.. and every other team having the luxury of a full amd 100% healthy squad to choose from....and still make the grand final!!
you could almost say that the bulldogs were...were...#brave

This will be the narrative, but Sydney were the have-not, blue collar side who found success as the plucky underdogs. I would not begrudge the Dogs a win if that is how the game turns out, but Swans fans know more than anyone what this feels like for Footscray supporters.

People don't like us so they conveniently rewrite our history. We're are a foundation club, have won only 5 premierships in our history and have enjoyed our first period of sustained success since the 1930s. That's the truth of it.

All while having a CoLA that gave your club a significant advantage.

It's not the same. You know it isn't.

This is the moment I've been wanting to happen for a long time. I can't believe a team from outside the top 4 has finally made it to the grand final under the current finals system.

AMAZING!

What I love about this team is how resilient they are. The players play for each other, and definitely for their coach. HATS OFF TO YOU BEVO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All while having a CoLA that gave your club a significant advantage.

It's not the same. You know it isn't.

Correlation is not causation. To call it a significant advantage is an overstated interference. Anyway, CoLA was there to redress a structural disadvantage and can you really say that the Swans had the equal opportunity to succeed as other clubs? We've also just gone through two years of a tradeban. I find it frustrating when people begrudge us our very limited success when we're a club that's struggled twice as much as anyone to survive.

Anyway, I'm not here to change anyone's mind or descend into CoLA discussions. I am proud of my club though, and our warts and all history. Good luck rewriting that.

We are all part of one big happy competition here guys and gals. Reminds me of the time I completely covered my robot made out of a sultana bran box in alfoil, (without tearing the foil more than four or five times) I might add. Quite a few of the kindy gals made me sour sob sob sob necklaces that I was more than happy to adorn over my paining..., I mean, Painting Smock. We ate some millipedes, it was a fun time.

Guuvk
Correlation is not causation. To call it a significant advantage is an overstated interference. Anyway, CoLA was there to redress a structural disadvantage and can you really say that the Swans had the equal opportunity to succeed as other clubs? We've also just gone through two years of a tradeban. I find it frustrating when people begrudge us our very limited success when we're a club that's struggled twice as much as anyone to survive.

Anyway, I'm not here to change anyone's mind or descend into CoLA discussions. I am proud of my club though, and our warts and all history. Good luck rewriting that.
Geez, get the violins and tissues out ! Please spare us !

Interesting to see hoow Sydney go with the burden of expectations. Unlike 2005, 2006, 2012 and 2014 they are expected to win this time.

When the discussion is about being a have-not underdog, being gifted a significant salary cap advantage rules you out being categorised in that way. Regardless of the impossibility of proving causation.

Anyway, I also don't want to descend into a CoLA shitfight. It was replaced as it was agreed that it was unfair on the rest of the comp. No need to dig that one up again.

Let's agree to disagree about the parallels between the 2016 dogs (if they win) and the 2005- swans.

This will be the 6th grand final I attend and asides from seeing one premiership for my side in 2006 Sydney or Hawks have won the rest. Want to see something different for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back