Swans recruit likes Anti Adam Pages on Facebook

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have data, but if you go into a recent Adam Goodes thread that might help.

The day I use BigFooty as a representative sample of the population...

The day I use BigFooty as a representative sample of the population...

Feel free to quote those stats you have then of a big majority not thinking he is a w***er.

Feel free to quote those stats you have then of a big majority not thinking he is a ******.

Maybe I'm wrong and have too much hope and optimism for society.

Feel free to quote those stats you have then of a big majority not thinking he is a ******.

This was the more extreme end of the spectrum in the way the question was asked but even then it was hardly a big majority

Is the booing of Adam Goodes racism?
Yes - 47%
No - 53%

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...wans-boss-andrew-pridham-20150727-gilc0n.html

If the question was "should the booing of Adam Goodes stop," "Is the booing of Adam Goodes a bad look for the game" or "Is there a racist element to the booing of Adam Goode" then I am sure the poll would have very much been in Goodes' favour. The above poll shows you are quite wrong.

I'm still yet to hear a coherent argument for why he is a "****"

Every argument for the booing is very easily countered since there are always worse players who are better known for it. A player like Judd was a very dirty player, same with a guy like Lewis, but neither of them were booed like Goodes was. Judd was more dirty in a 10 second period than Goodes was over his entire career.

Every argument for the booing is very easily countered since there are always worse players who are better known for it. A player like Judd was a very dirty player, same with a guy like Lewis, but neither of them were booed like Goodes was. Judd was more dirty in a 10 second period than Goodes was over his entire career.

Don't know if you know hockey, but PK Subban receives similar booing everywhere he goes :(

You hear the same facile arguments:

- He's a diver
- He's overpaid
- His celebrations are over the top
- There are other black players who are not booed

Some people just don't get it, and it's very sad. Those stats you showed, whilst I don't think representative of the entire Australian population, are very disheartening.

Did the Herald Sun run a search on every draftee's Facebook and Twitter or something? Good grief. #buythepaper

Kid's 17 or whatever he is. Everyone's stupid sometimes when they're 17. Non issue.

Last edited:
Did the Herald Sun run a search on every draftee's Facebook and Twitter or something? Good grief. #buythepaper

Kid's 17 or whatever he is. Everyone's stupid sometimes when they're 17. Non issue.

He's not stupid though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, how to make friends at your new club.....

Whilst he's unlucky, and I get he's allowed an opinion, but as a draftee, why would you take that risk?

Anyway, wish him all the best.
Footballers have never been the sharpest tools in the shed.

LOL, how to make friends at your new club.....

Whilst he's unlucky, and I get he's allowed an opinion, but as a draftee, why would you take that risk?

Anyway, wish him all the best.

No he's not. He made the decision to sign up to such a stupid thing.

Feel sorry for the guy, why make an article out of this, dragging his name through the mud instead of quietly notifying him so he could unlike them?

Trying to destroy what should be some of the best couple of days of his life.

He's a young guy, pretty much everyone I know has liked stupid s**t on facebook that looks odd later on down the line.

Feel sorry for the guy, why make an article out of this, dragging his name through the mud instead of quietly notifying him so he could unlike them?

Trying to destroy what should be some of the best couple of days of his life.

He's a young guy, pretty much everyone I know has liked stupid s**t on facebook that looks odd later on down the line.
Because Jon Ralph is a campaigner

So much for the no dh policy at sydney
I know him (more so his folks) personally, and he is far from being a dickhead.... Obviously made a couple of silly decisions (liking the pages, not removing it in the lead up to draft etc) but he is a quality kid, and will buy in to any 'punishment' that the Swans may have for him and come out learning from his mistakes.

Disappointing (though not surprising) that the Sun would run an article like this, when there were 50+ kids who have just realised their football dream. Surely they could have found something a bit more positive to go with.

Common sense surely says that in the year you hope to get drafted, you don't like those sort of controversial AFL pages.
He lacked common sense as a lot of young men do, I'm sure he has learnt his lesson pretty quickly now. Awkward and embarrassing for him but this should move on pretty quickly.

Feel sorry for the guy, why make an article out of this,
Because it's funny (like the story that brought about your username).

Christ people are precious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back