Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Dane chatting on Swans website..
Stoked hes one of our captains

I'm comfortable enough with my masculinity to say **** Rampe is a sexy man

psaGYvlt.png

IF last week's sliding doors from Damien Barrett (that Buddy might deliberately only kick four this week) was dumb as (even in jest)
THEN I think he speaks for for the footy world this week

IF ...​

Paddy McCartin's last AFL match was game No.35 in round 16, 2018 ...

THEN ...​

absorb that slowly, and factor in the hardship, the unknown and the fear that has been at play in the time since. Game No.36 for him will be Saturday night, with new team Sydney and alongside his brother Tom, who was playing game No.7 in that corresponding round in 2018. This is one of the great stories of 2022, no matter what happens next.

Sir Dane chatting on Swans website..
Stoked hes one of our captains
"I’m looking forward to seeing the McCartin one-two punch.”

Interesting choice of words...

IF last week's sliding doors from Damien Barrett (that Buddy might deliberately only kick four this week) was dumb as (even in jest)
THEN I think he speaks for for the footy world this week
Bloody hell my head hurt reading that. I think I may offer my services in remedial grammar and punctuation lessons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither Ziebell nor Hewett are fast. McLean ran Zeibell down. Hewett is clever not fast.
I agree wholly with the sentiment that experience can be as effective as speed. Jude Bolton was also considered slow in his later playing years, until he chased and ran down Dangerfield on a wing.

McPoint was another who wasn't considered fast, but as a wily old fox with a vantage point from the half back line he could see the game unfold and direct our players as needed. If Kennedy can offer a similar role, while still providing coverage where needed inside the packs, he will remain a key game-maker and might even extend his career for another premiership or two. Kennedy across half back can also pick up any big bodied mids who try to slip forward to snag a few goals. When it comes to negating another player, Kennedy easily covers the loss of Hewett. He can also play fairly tall if needed. In the Rd3 Richmond game Kennedy was constantly hassling and bumping Martin, to put him off his game. His brute strength is a match for just about anyone. The half back line is a dangerous place to let a player slip a tackle. Kennedy sticks tackles as well as anyone.

Barring injury, Kennedy still has a lot to offer, but perhaps his team lifting cameos will be less frequent. His 42 disposals, 6 marks and 7 tackles in the Rd 6 loss to GC last year reminded fans that he's still capable of lifting the team when our backs are to the wall. Soft tissue injuries are kryptonite at this stage of a champion's career. His move to half back will better manage his load, and he will still be a big game hero when needed. Had he been fit for last year's elimination final, I'm certain he'd have covered the absence of Mills sufficiently that we'd have knocked over GWS. Having both Kennedy and Mills out at the same time really hurt us. Given Mills may have ongoing achilles problems and Kennedy's not going to get any younger, I think it's a smart move by Horse to lessen our dependence on having one or both of them fit.

Kennedy will come in handy if we're exposed again, but while our midfield is holding up he can continue to add value as an experienced head across half-back

19MAR22: Gerard Healy Rnd 1 Swans/SEN
Oh Gerard. For someone who works for Fox Sports part of the Murdoch empire, perhaps you should be looking for answers closer to home as to why the newspapers & radio in Sydney have been resoundingly quiet.

Audio from the above article

Last edited:
Oh Gerard. For someone who works for Fox Sports part of the Murdoch empire, perhaps you should be looking for answers closer to home as to why the newspapers & radio in Sydney have been resoundingly quiet.

They are 100% right about the venue and the timeslot. The AFL has killed the romanticism of the (potential) occasion. This should have been a marquee Friday or Saturday night match up at the SCG (preferably against the Hawks). The scheduling reeks of a money grab. I'd say it's more disappointing for the Club, the fans and Buddy (although not unpredictable) than embarrassing

Sorry Ticky I have to agree with the Gerards. It's an indictment on the AFL that this game is happening in the Saturday twilight timeslot at a venue that means diddly squat to our code. Refreshing to hear this from Whateley as a Victorian too, even if he is only mounting the case because of Buddy.

19MAR22: GWS v Swans Match Reports/Multiple
Easily game of the round so far. Cheer Cheer.

Last edited:
Paddy McCartin on SEN

21MAR22: Round 1 Report Cards lazybits/Multiple
I'll group these 'Round 1 Report card type' articles together as they feature Swans

My Dad said to me when I was kid that you cannot change the umpire's mind . So why argue? I never did. I might hate the decision but I moved on.
I find it juvenile when players go on with it. Get on with the game.

It might have an influence on their next decision. I don't like the backchat either but if something is very dubious, it's hard for the players not to react in the moment imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back