Not open for further replies.
02MAR22: Isaac Heeny re-signs/Multiple
  • Big news..I'll add as they're posted

Last edited:
    03MAR22: Weekend Preview Lazybits/Mongrel Punt
  • Preview of weekend matches

03MAR22: Isaac Heeney interview/SEN

04MAR22: Isaac Heeney interview/SEN Morning show
  • Heeney podcast interview with Kane Cornes & David King at the bottom of the article.

JPK will be doing a Hewett down back role a bit it seems this year, providing we have all we need in the middle. Seems to be tactic if the mid is leaving maybe? Indicates JPK's last year I feel.

Now we're in trouble, King has gone big on Swans.:tongueoutv1:

Last edited:
    06MAR22: Swans v North Match Reports/Multiple
  • I'll keep adding to this post as the articles become available

Last edited:
    07MAR22: Weekend Outtakes/Fox Footy
  • SYDNEY SWANS

They’re not standing still

It could be tempting not to change too much after such an impressive year in 2021, but there seems to be plenty of change on the horizon in 2022. Paddy McCartin’s inclusion looks seamless so far in defence, while Justin McInerney has stepped into the hole left by Jordan Dawson with ease. Interestingly, Josh Kennedy looked to be rotating through both halfback and a wing, seemingly helping the side retain the one-two punch it had with Dawson and McInerney. There are several positional changes and virtually all of them appear to be boosting an already daunting side to face.

Last edited:
    08MAR22: Chad Warner lazybits/Stats Insider
  • Chad Warner alert

09MAR22: Swans analysis lazybits/Fox Sports
  • 11MAR22: Dean Cox interview/Sportsday WA

• Dean Cox on Sportsday WA. It's a good listen, talking about a few players.

13MAR22: Buddy & Sydney (Demetriou interview)/Code
  • In the printed extract of Andrew Demetriou podcast interview are his comments about Swans recruitment of Buddy. Link to the full and original article can be found at the bottom of post.

BUDDY SHOCK

The mike-drop tweet came from the GWS account at 12.23pm October 1, 2013.

Sydney had pulled off one of footy’s great heists after orchestrating a free agency deal with footy’s most dynamic forward, allowing GWS to believe he was their man while operating under the cover of darkness.

Commission boss Mike Fitzpatrick erupted in a phone call to Sydney chairman Richard Colless, who said of that phone call: “There was no warm-up, no introduction — the opening pleasantries were the ‘F’ bomb and the ‘C’ bomb.”

But if Colless says Fitzpatrick behaved like a “Mafia Don”, Demetriou says as the league chief executive actually wasn’t that shattered.

“You might find this hard to believe, but I wasn’t disappointed that he wasn’t going to GWS,” he says.

“First of all, I didn’t mind that he was going to Sydney.

“But I also thought that the Giants were taking a big risk getting a marquee player in at the expense of where the build was going.

“If memory serves me correctly they picked up some very good players post Lance Franklin (Callan Ward, Phil Davis, Tom Scully).

“I know there was an interest in getting Buddy, I spoke to Buddy in my office.

“I didn’t tell him which club to go to. I know that he wanted to leave Hawthorn. But I never said we wanted (him) to go to GWS.”

Sydney accused the AFL of diluting their contentious cost-of-living allowance (COLA) in retribution for stealing Franklin from GWS but Demetriou said the decision was not made in vindictiveness.

“At the time the whole COLA discussion was, ‘Were they using it in the way it was intended to be used across the list?’

“It wasn’t about Buddy. I know people want to draw that conclusion.”

Was it the right thing to do to get rid of COLA?

“Yes it was.”

15MAR22: Weekend preview/Footyology
  • GWS v SYDNEY (Stadium Australia, Saturday 5.10pm local time)
    This game has the potential to be historic with Lance Franklin just five goals away from becoming only the sixth man in VFL/AFL history to reach the magical 1000 barrier. He would join footy luminaries Tony Lockett, Gordon Coventry, Jason Dunstall, Gary Ablett senior and Doug Wade in the very exclusive group. But recent history would suggest he is more likely to achieve the milestone in Round 2 considering he kicked five goals or more only three times last year.

The subplot of this contest is that it is also a grudge match, perhaps not on the scale of Melbourne-Bulldogs, but a grudge match nonetheless. These crosstown rivals last met in that epic elimination final which GWS won by one point – taking their finals head-to-head against the Swans to 3-0. However, this time the Giants will be without their inspirational co-captain Toby Greene who still has another five weeks to serve of his six-match ban he copped during that final for making contact with an umpire. For all intents and purposes, Sydney should have won that game and it’s a result that wouldn’t have sat properly with the Swans over summer. They’ll be keen to make amends for their diabolical goalkicking performance in the final quarter in particular.
    RONNY’S TIP: Sydney by 16 points.
    ROCO’S TIP: Sydney by 32 points.

19MAR22: Gerard Healy Rnd 1 Swans/SEN
  • Oh Gerard. For someone who works for Fox Sports part of the Murdoch empire, perhaps you should be looking for answers closer to home as to why the newspapers & radio in Sydney have been resoundingly quiet.

Audio from the above article

Last edited:
    19MAR22: GWS v Swans Match Reports/Multiple
  • Easily game of the round so far. Cheer Cheer.

Last edited:
    21MAR22: Round 1 Report Cards lazybits/Multiple
  • I'll group these 'Round 1 Report card type' articles together as they feature Swans

23MAR22: Rising Eligible and Criteria/AFL
  • Sydney Swans Rising Stars

Selection Criteria:

To be eligible for the award:
    • a Player must be under 21 years of age (1st January 2022) and played 10 or fewer games before the 2022 Toyota AFL Premiership Season.
    • In general, a Player judged to have played the best individual game of the round to be the basis of the weekly nomination.
    • When several players are judged to have played at a reasonably similar level, previous rounds / year to date performances are then taken into account.
    • The priority is to have the best performed 23 players nominated by the end of the season for consideration for the overall award. Therefore, in later rounds, year-to-date performances will be allocated increasing weight relative to performances in the round.
    https://www.aflq.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/2022_Players_Eligible_for_NAB_AFL_Rising_Star.xls
    Sydney Swans
    Braeden
    Campbell
    4/02/2002​
    2021​
    Pennant Hills (NSW)​
    Sydney Swans
    Will
    Gould
    14/01/2001​
    Lucindale (SA)/Glenelg (SANFL)​
    Sydney Swans
    Logan
    McDonald
    4/04/2002​
    2021​
    Applecross (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/Perth (WAFL)​
    Sydney Swans
    Lachie
    Rankin
    5/02/2003​
    Beverley Hills (Vic)/Caulfield Grammar (Vic)/Oakleigh U18​
    Sydney Swans
    Matt
    Roberts
    31/07/2003​
    Langhorne Creek (SA)/St Peter's College (SA)/South Adelaide (SANFL)​
    Sydney Swans
    Marc
    Sheather
    11/06/2002​
    Pennant Hills (NSW)​
    Sydney Swans
    Angus
    Sheldrick
    7/11/2003​
    2022​
    Mosman Park (WA)/Christ Church Grammar (WA)/Claremont (WAFL)​
    Sydney Swans
    Corey
    Warner
    7/10/2003​
    Willetton (WA)/Aquinas College (WA)/East Fremantle (WAFL)​

23MAR22: Tom Harley interview/SEN
  • Tom Harely interview

23MAR22: Swans talk/Mongrel Punt
  • Pretty accurate I feel

26MAR22: Swans v Cats Match Reports/Multiple
  • What a win for the Bloods - and some bloke called Buddy kicked a 1000

01APR22: Dogs v Swans Match Reports/Multiple
  • Missed the match due to work commitments, now I'm reading all about it!! - and you can too.;)

Last edited:
    15APR22: Chad Warner/AFL Website
  • Chad Warner
    East Fremantle product Warner, along with his younger brother Corey, Angus Sheldrick and Logan McDonald all spent two months of their pre-season away from the Swans in Perth due to WA border rules.
    "We went down to the (WAFL club) Claremont Tigers and used their facilities. They were amazing for us. We pretty much did all our pre-season training there while the boys were out at lakeside training.

"It was probably a once in a lifetime thing that happened. Big thanks to the Tigers for that."

15APR22: West Coast v Swans Match Reports/Multiple
  • Bam Bam wears Red and White at Bedrock stadium. As per usual I'll add other reports as they become available.

Paywall article but for those I know have access another cracking read

Last edited:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back