Media Swans Talk in the Media 2022

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
11MAR22: Dean Cox interview/Sportsday WA

Dean Cox on Sportsday WA. It's a good listen, talking about a few players.

I'm sure everyone will be delighted that Damien Barrett's Sliding Doors is back.

His offering for Sydney;

IF ...​

the showman voice in his head is louder than the marketing voice in his head ...

THEN ...​

Bud will kick the five goals required to reach his career 1000th by half-time of round one, against the Giants in an away game. But if it is the marketing voice which cuts through, Bud will deliberately kick no more than four, and wait for a Swans home fixture the following round under Friday night lights.

head shake.gif

Apparently Brad Hardie advised that Logan McDonald has signed a contract extension on 6PR this morning.
Geez I want to believe, but.................a quick search 'Brad Hardie rumours"

Suggestion from Brad Hardie on Perth radio that Paul Roos is going to take over as coach at North Melbourne​

[Rumour] Brad Hardie: Patrick Cripps may seek a trade home to WA​

Perth radio broadcaster Brad Hardie ‘comfortable’ with story linking Ross Lyon to Collingwood

The Saints want Josh Kelly not Nat Fyfe: Brad Hardie​

No rumours which turned out to be correct came up in the search. :think:

Geez I want to believe, but.................a quick search 'Brad Hardie rumours"

Suggestion from Brad Hardie on Perth radio that Paul Roos is going to take over as coach at North Melbourne​

Perth radio broadcaster Brad Hardie ‘comfortable’ with story linking Ross Lyon to Collingwood

nice way to spoil a good rumour.. thanks Hairy

Only one thing to do and that's to wait and see what happens.

Robbo won my undying respect for being one of the few senior journos to consistently defend Goodes. Getting a one-on-one with Buddy is a monster scoop - I bet his Goodes advocacy is one of the reasons he got it, both from the POV of the club and Buddy himself. Most journos and league bosses went missing during that episod.e

Never had much time for Barratt until last year he was the only pundit to predict Swans would make the finals at which point I realised he was a champion pundit, a visionary and an all-round top bloke.

Here's the Age predictions for Sydney this year (bookmarked). What pisses me off is their parochialism. They spend the whole summer swapping tales of the Melbourne clubs and storylines in their mind about Richmond, Carlton, etc. and they've seen and hear nothing of the so-called interstate teams. If you dout me, tune in to the Hun or Age podcast and unless there's a live news story going there's literally zero coverage of non-Vic teams. #endrant

Jake Niall, Caro, Michael Gleeson - 8th
Andrew Wu, Peter Ryan, Jojn Pierik,Emma Kearney - 5th
Sam McClure - 9th
Greg Baum - 10th

Robbo won my undying respect for being one of the few senior journos to consistently defend Goodes. Getting a one-on-one with Buddy is a monster scoop - I bet his Goodes advocacy is one of the reasons he got it, both from the POV of the club and Buddy himself. Most journos and league bosses went missing during that episod.e
Never had much time for Barratt until last year he was the only pundit to predict Swans would make the finals at which point I realised he was a champion pundit, a visionary and an all-round top bloke.

Here's the Age predictions for Sydney this year (bookmarked). What pisses me off is their parochialism. They spend the whole summer swapping tales of the Melbourne clubs and storylines in their mind about Richmond, Carlton, etc. and they've seen and hear nothing of the so-called interstate teams. If you dout me, tune in to the Hun or Age podcast and unless there's a live news story going there's literally zero coverage of non-Vic teams. #endrant

Jake Niall, Caro, Michael Gleeson - 8th
Andrew Wu, Peter Ryan, Jojn Pierik,Emma Kearney - 5th
Sam McClure - 9th
Greg Baum - 10th

Interesting that quite a few have tipped GWS to finish top 4.

They certainly have the talent on paper - but do they have the spirit?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13MAR22: Buddy & Sydney (Demetriou interview)/Code
In the printed extract of Andrew Demetriou podcast interview are his comments about Swans recruitment of Buddy. Link to the full and original article can be found at the bottom of post.

BUDDY SHOCK

The mike-drop tweet came from the GWS account at 12.23pm October 1, 2013.

Sydney had pulled off one of footy’s great heists after orchestrating a free agency deal with footy’s most dynamic forward, allowing GWS to believe he was their man while operating under the cover of darkness.

Commission boss Mike Fitzpatrick erupted in a phone call to Sydney chairman Richard Colless, who said of that phone call: “There was no warm-up, no introduction — the opening pleasantries were the ‘F’ bomb and the ‘C’ bomb.”

But if Colless says Fitzpatrick behaved like a “Mafia Don”, Demetriou says as the league chief executive actually wasn’t that shattered.

“You might find this hard to believe, but I wasn’t disappointed that he wasn’t going to GWS,” he says.

“First of all, I didn’t mind that he was going to Sydney.

“But I also thought that the Giants were taking a big risk getting a marquee player in at the expense of where the build was going.

“If memory serves me correctly they picked up some very good players post Lance Franklin (Callan Ward, Phil Davis, Tom Scully).

“I know there was an interest in getting Buddy, I spoke to Buddy in my office.

“I didn’t tell him which club to go to. I know that he wanted to leave Hawthorn. But I never said we wanted (him) to go to GWS.”

Sydney accused the AFL of diluting their contentious cost-of-living allowance (COLA) in retribution for stealing Franklin from GWS but Demetriou said the decision was not made in vindictiveness.

“At the time the whole COLA discussion was, ‘Were they using it in the way it was intended to be used across the list?’

“It wasn’t about Buddy. I know people want to draw that conclusion.”

Was it the right thing to do to get rid of COLA?

“Yes it was.”

In the printed extract of Andrew Demetriou podcast interview are his comments about Swans recruitment of Buddy. Link to the full and original article can be found at the bottom of post.

BUDDY SHOCK

Sydney had pulled off one of footy’s great heists after orchestrating a free agency deal with footy’s most dynamic forward, allowing GWS to believe he was their man while operating under the cover of darkness.

Commission boss Mike Fitzpatrick erupted in a phone call to Sydney chairman Richard Colless, who said of that phone call: “There was no warm-up, no introduction — the opening pleasantries were the ‘F’ bomb and the ‘C’ bomb.”

But if Colless says Fitzpatrick behaved like a “Mafia Don”, Demetriou says as the league chief executive actually wasn’t that shattered.

“You might find this hard to believe, but I wasn’t disappointed that he wasn’t going to GWS,” he says.

“If memory serves me correctly they picked up some very good players post Lance Franklin (Callan Ward, Phil Davis, Tom Scully).

“I didn’t tell him which club to go to. I know that he wanted to leave Hawthorn. But I never said we wanted (him) to go to GWS.”

Sydney accused the AFL of diluting their contentious cost-of-living allowance (COLA) in retribution for stealing Franklin from GWS but Demetriou said the decision was not made in vindictiveness.

“At the time the whole COLA discussion was, ‘Were they using it in the way it was intended to be used across the list?’

“Yes it was.”

Wouldn't trust this henry the 3rd

BUDDY SHOCK

“Yes it was.”

Again, these pricks with the vague suggestions that CoLA was being misused without outlining how that was supposedly the case. Absolute gaslighting bullshit.

Just like his memory fronting the Crown Inquiry his memory is very bad. Those three players were already at GWS

Just like his memory fronting the Crown Inquiry his memory is very bad. Those three players were already at GWS

Not to mention his stint at Acquire learning fleecing the taxpayer through dodgy VET loans.

Wasn't Demetriou the guy who criticised the way we played back in 05? Called us "ugly"?

Imagine that. A CEO of a code actually talking sh*t about one it's clubs... absurd.
That was all about the number of goals being kicked, TV rights and ad breaks. Not much has changed except they keep changing the rules to try to increase scoring. It's all about the money, money..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back