Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not surprised or discouraged by the lack of reporting. The footy media is in Victoria and this was a game between Sydney and Freo. For that reason alone there would be little coverage.
Sydney was expected to win and Freo copped a horrible emotional body blow on the morning of the match. There is no story that Sydney won. If Freo had won, then that is a big story - did it for Cam etc.
As it is I think Freo are to be admired for the way they went about it.

Understandably there were flat senior Giants players but the Vic media can't see beyond Essendon.

It's the media landscape we live in and I don't see any reason to get upset about it. I don't need affirmation from David King and the like.

Montagna spoke about how he thought Freo would win on 360, you'd think he would at least acknowledge he got it wrong.

Fair enough, but Montagna is not the whole Vic media.

Even King and Cornes on SEN the Friday morning were saying it was a big chance for Freo with no McCartin. Just saying that hindsight is easy to say 'oh well yeah Swans were expected to win' but at the time plenty were giving Freo a chance.

Hodgey tells it like it is! In the first section...

HAHAHAHA. That was hilarious. Hodgy going WTF are you talking about Swans are Highest scorers and Best defence why are you worried about either when they're the best at both.

Footy Classified went to an add break with vision of us and Hutchy saying we will be discussing the Swans after the break , they came back an started talking about us and then that washed up #### Wilson totally took over and changed the discussion . Her and Slobbo should be shipped off to a desert island

HAHAHAHA. That was hilarious. Hodgy going WTF are you talking about Swans are Highest scorers and Best defence why are you worried about either when they're the best at both.
lol. It's going to take a 3-peat before some of the media genuinely rate us as a threat and even then all the talk will immediately switch to academies

Can someone please tell me who this Bufoon is Hodge has just p1ssed all over like a Bull Mastiff cocking his leg on a cocker spaniel ??? Dill.🙄

I can only assume he supports the Dees?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. It's going to take a 3-peat before some of the media genuinely rate us as a threat and even then all the talk will immediately switch to academies
I guarantee if we win anything the narrative will quickly change to academies and that's all they'll ever talk about.

My favourite thing is asking who they rate as the best academy player, Chad Warner, Rowbottom or McDonald. Just exposes how stupid their opinion is when they answer Warner.

I guarantee if we win anything the narrative will quickly change to academies and that's all they'll ever talk about.

My favourite thing is asking who they rate as the best academy player, Chad Warner, Rowbottom or McDonald. Just exposes how stupid their opinion is when they answer Warner.

It already gets slipped in a bit. I think it was SEN yesterday talking about how good a coach Longmire is and Buckley made an offhand mention of it. I can understand the need to contextualise and suggest part of the reason we can have such a consistent output is in part due to having players come through who know our style and slot right in (e.g. Errol) but Campbell is struggling to get into the side from the same draft class so it's not a guarantee of success.

Is there a story behind his hatred for us?
I'm not sure where it's come from but it's certainly there. You only have to listen to him on his radio show, and I'm not just talking about recently. He refuses to give us credit where it's due and he will normally only speak about us when the other person he's talking to brings us up. This has been the case for a number of years.
The surprising part to this is that his mother is actually a Swans supporter.

I'm not sure where it's come from but it's certainly there. You only have to listen to him on his radio show, and I'm not just talking about recently. He refuses to give us credit where it's due and he will normally only speak about us when the other person he's talking to brings us up. This has been the case for a number of years.
The surprising part to this is that his mother is actually a Swans supporter.
Maybe he hates his mother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back