Autopsy Swans Vs Bombers, R8 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

When they put up the stat about 55% kicking efficiency by the Swans I was worried but I assume that improved from that point. We at least weren't getting killed in clearances, inside 50's and the free kick count ultimately which at least sees us as competitive. K Jack wasn't terrible early until his knock possible concussion after that looked cooked unfortunately. But at least there was some effort and signs prior.

Now that was enjoyable to watch. Essendon aren't all that good (particularly with some of the players they have out) but they've been much better than us this year and we deserved that win with our intensity and consistency of effort. We still got a little predictable at times kicking long but our effort was good enough to ensure we weren't beaten out wide too much. Essendon got a bit of a roll on at times with their short kicking game, but there were barely any long strings of quick play for AMT, Fantastia and co to feed off of (although Fantasia killed us anyway).

Dane Rampe another BOG performance for us. Started on Stringer then went to AMT and kept both of them out of it and then went to Fantasia for much of the 2nd half (after his 4th goal) and he didn't get near it. He's having a brilliant, AA, Skilton type of year. I really hope he wins the Skilton too, he deserves that accolade next to his name. Brilliant first year as captain. He's constantly going to younger players to encourage and instruct, never stops talking. My favourite Swan now, tied with Kennedy.

Parker was great, that's the kind of game we need from him to be competitive with our young midfield. Kennedy another really good game and Hewett was fantastic on Shiel in the first half and then really clamped down nicely on Merrett in the second half. Merrett had destroyed us in the first half but Hewett made him earn his touches and curbed his influence.

Jordan Dawson is having a really nice stretch, I'm so glad he's finally cemented his place in the side because he's showing he can be an influential player at this level, not just a role player. Not just any AFL player can kick the 2nd goal of his or take the intercept marks or pack marks he can. Liked O'Riordan's game too, made a few errors but there's so much to work with with him. I've wanted him in the side for ages now and I just want him to be left to grow in the seniors because I think he'll prove to be a good player. Loved seeing Robbie Fox play as a proper mid too, that's where he's been playing well in the 2's and he did a good job in there tonight. Want to see him there more.

McCartin and Blakey both showed their abilities in different ways. McCartin with great leaping contested marks, bullocking 2nd efforts and hard work, Blakey with tackling and beautiful skill (other than that very last long kick off his HTB decision). A lot to look forward to with them.

Heeney and Mills did nothing together in the first half but Mills had a great 2nd half and really helped solidify us down back, good to see him bounce back, but we do need a more consistent effort from him. Heeney too, although it seems he may still be hurt.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Rampe's climbing the goal post the dumbest footy moment of eternity?

Whilst climbing the goal post, as Myers was kicking, Rampe made the post shake and you can argue that the dopers should have got a free on the goal line.

How weird is that!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Whilst climbing the goal post, as Myers was kicking, Rampe made the post shake and you can argue that the dopers should have got a free on the goal line.

How weird is that!

If the 50 was given, then it would be one of them rules that gets abolished after the game. Had literally no bearing on the final result and would've been an absolute farce putting a player who is 70 Meters out, with game time over, onto the goal line.

How weird is that!

Is that when it happened?

I take it they have focused on vision after the match as I missed that live. Will be good to hear the melts about something that didn't actually
effect anything.
It was as Myers coming in to kick for goal.
Stupid for Rampe as it could have been a free kick from the goal line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back