Scape Goat Swans vs Hawks - Oh no its happening again....(Swans Fans Only)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This year's results against Hawthorn in R8 and R16 probably shows where the 'rivalry' stands right now. We throw a punch and they come back with a machine gun.

A tough inside midfielder with terrible kicking is the missing link in our lineup

Aren't you in Perth? If so how would you know anything about Mills. He didn't play in the Nationals and they weren't played in Perth anyway. He has been injured. Her played the Nationals last year as a junior player. From what I have heard and seen of him as a toppy he is a very good kick, same as Heeney. He is not just an inside mid either he is an inside outside mid. He can play either or he can play half forward. He makes good decisions apparently according to the AFL academy guys on AFL.com and the AFL Draft Manager.

So I think your post is uncalled for. Although we have drafted players who couldn't hit the side of a barn because they fit our so called style. I think we have to draft players who can play a far different style and it is time to change our style completely. I don't think Horse is capable of doing that. But that is just me.

This game along with the GF showed what a massive over reaction the VFL made of the swans.

The only way to stay at the top is to pay unders for key players. The Hawks can do it. The Swans can't.

The Academy is critical for us ...

You would think that at half time the message should have been - we've played s**t in the 2nd half for most of the year...if there is anyway we are going to get close to them, we've got to take them on..play on at all costs....i don't care what happens...just take the game on......Instead at the start of the 3rd Swans had possession for the first 5 minutes and what the hell did they do? The opposite. Chipped it backwards five times from the wing to the Back Pocket....CLarkson must have been laughing his head off....

I remember Rodney Eade, coaching to save his job, go super negative against St Kilda, a team that had scores of 200+ Kicked AGAINST them in the 3 games leading up to the SWANS clash and Rodney in his wisdom decided tried to shut the game down. Result a draw and a very boring game.
He was big on talk at the end but the action wasn't there.

I hope any future Swans game this year is not the coaching staff looking to save face....they must take a fair bit blame for last night....not that we should have close to the Hawks (congrats) but the talk isn't matching the walk and hasn't for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back