Preview Sydney v Essendon Marvel Sat Night 7:25, July 29, 2023, Melbourne, Australia, Southern Hemisphere , 37.8166° S, 144.9475° E

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt bad no one was doing the preview . But so many do a good job, I suck at them, lose interest. But let's get it started. Apologies to Essendon fans, not for the preview , just that you chose to support such a ratshit sports side.

It is Good to be back doing previews after doing the 22 grand final and the 2016 grand final previews. It is nice to be paid to write about footy.

Oh this is unpaid . ... *en great

I don't like writing previews, never know what to say and I am not into in depth analysis. Who the * will read this anyway, who cares . Can talk about whatever I want. How good was Ted Lasso, better the more you watch it. Like the Beard episode first time through I was like WTF, enjoyed it the next few times. You pick up different stuff and connections through the series, If you like it, watch it start to finish again, now it is all there. Not much else on Apple Tv, though that Adam Scott one is ok where he has a separate work/life self- what's it's called, I could delete this part and look it up, umm Severance- check it out. Not the greatest show ever but worth a look.
'
Anyway why did I say I would do the Essendon preview? well because * them. Pack of drug cheating assholes. Their fans seem to share on tin foil covered brain, they think they are hard done by, it was a conspiracy , nah * that you tried to cheat.
You were flying up the ladder until the injections stopped. But I digress .

Let's talk about some great Swans Essendon moments at random. Though first a word from my sponsor ..... Oh I don't have one , well this is awkward. Do you ever wonder who worked out what plants, vegetables , minerals etc were ok to eat? how many cavemen died eating s**t they shouldn't? Guess it's like who decided on language than how to teach others? someone pointed to a rock and said that's a rock and everyone agreed? great

Ok well let's start with the 1996 prelim. The cheats beat the eagles by facing them for an Eagles home final in the semi at subiaco....oh wait it was at the MCG? oh ok so Essendon won, Then they lost the week after by a point to Plugger on one leg. Then they sulked about Dunkley scratching Hird, boo hoo.

Also I grew up where people would boil curried sausages and make it like a casserole in a pot, But fry the sausages up and then do the curry in the pan, fry the spices off, more intense curry flavour .

Remember in 2012 when Courtney Dempsey played on after the siren and we won , we led by 47 at three quarter time and you won't believe it but we let them comeback. we were up 11 goals to 2 then as the siren goes we are leading by 4 points ha ha no shot for you, Plus they traded premiership player and all Australian Ted Richards to us for the Dempsey pick😂.

What's the appeal of camping ! ? I don't get it.

2017 we got the fun double, Mark Rohan kicks a goal to win after Goddard the dickhead plays on straight into Papley. Then we meet them in the finals and thump the s**t out of them , Essendon haven't won a final for almost 7000 days 😂😂.

Anyway I sort of imagined doing a whole list of reasons I dislike Essendon, but I can't be bothered . I mean does anyone like Essendon? they aren't good to watch, they are mostly irrelevant . They haven't won since methuselah was a baby or since the salary cap was policed correctly .

This particular game how will it be won? I reckon by the team who scores more than the other, I'd try and score more.

Sydney by 123 , Buddy to kick 19 and break Fred Fannings record .

Or if we do lose let's just claim a moral victory or say that we missed Sam Reid

✌️ out. Let's ignore junk and talk footy

Same fast thoughts

Winner: Sydney

Will Horse pick a ruckman as sub: nah Clarke again

Will Clarke come on early: yep with 6
minutes to go in the 4th quarter

Will Punts mention Dylan Stephens in the preview thread: Yep by page 2

Will an Essendon fan try to come in and talk sensibly and wonder why they bothered : Yeah probably , poor bastard

Can You take me to meet Lance Franklin? no

How can Isaac Heeney kick straight for goal? can you give him any tips? Yes think of your mum Isaac , She's not bad for an old girl

Margot Robbie or Kate Upton? Tough choice feel like Margot and I have more in common as Australians

Is it potato cake or potato scallop : It's potato cake and if you disagree sign out now

Verbal garbage

changes

Maybe Mclean out for a ruckman,
not sold on Amartey but the balance seems ok.

Parker needs more help, Warner better for the run

Dons are quick, don't let Stringer have his one good game

We play Marvel well, happier to play thr Dons here. I haven't forgotten last year where we dominated yet they still pulled it out of their backside, or should I say Stringer did.

Should be a contest, not easy but we have the group that can win. Need to take the chances. 2 metre Peter and Langford are the concern, so it is won from the contest.

We play Marvel well, happier to play thr Dons here. I haven't forgotten last year where we dominated yet they still pulled it out of their backside, or should I say Stringer did.

Should be a contest, not easy but we have the group that can win. Need to take the chances. 2 metre Peter and Langford are the concern, so it is won from the contest.

15.5 and a few were rushed!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans on a roll. Assuming no forced changes, would like to see Ladhams in but only if he has a decent vfl game. Needs to build his fitness also which may take a couple more weeks

No VFL. We have yet another bye. FFS.

Only Spuds call potato cakes, potato scallops. These are the folk who have pineapple on pizza, decry toasties and cannot spell Parma.

I expect the Melbourne media to give the Donnies a massive shellacking after two floggings in a row. After another flogging from us, I look forward to the media only focussing on the Donnie's in the following week.

Chad will be better for the run as will Lloyd. Hopefully all the lads pull up ok.

No VFL. We have yet another bye. FFS.

Only Spuds call potato cakes, potato scallops. These are the folk who have pineapple on pizza, decry toasties and cannot spell Parma.

Pineapple is nice on pizza and it is a Parmi mate

Scallops vs cake is really highlighting how many Vic based fans we have.

Btw it's scallop. Compare a potato cake to a carrot cake, chocolate cake or cheesecake and you see why it's not potato cake

Scallop is a fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back