Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon III - with 2023 finals on the line, GWS win by +100 / Nov4 = 7000 days since last final win / RIP D2D and T_S

Remove this Banner Ad

In 20 odd years, Christianity will not be able to be expressed publically. I remember early on a leader at my church said that it would happen as it is in Revelations and it just keeps on getting supported.

Perhaps it's for the better that homophobic, anti-abortionist views are finally not seen as good Christian values?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it a bit funny that being singled out for particular criticism by the Haynes Royal Commission and then getting the arse from NAB didn’t seem to matter. Also, the media really aren’t touching this aspect of the story, just the god bothering part.
You'll remember that one of the things that got the Thorburn-led NAB into the s**t in the Royal Commission was their closeness to EY.

And guess which firm recommended Andrew Thorburn for the Essendon gig?

His old friends at EY.

Aren't EY also conducting the external review ?
Well, sort of. EY was part of it but true review was being run by checks notes Andrew Thorburn!

"Whilst he initially came to the club on a short-term basis to coordinate the external review, we believed we couldn't overlook someone of his calibre and that he needed to be tested within our process against the field of candidates.

"When Andrew was approached, he indicated that he would give the opportunity his consideration.

"At this point, he immediately removed himself from any oversight he had of the club's CEO search.

"A week later, he formally entered the process and then interviewed for the role last week, along with the other candidates.

Well, sort of. EY was part of it but true review was being run by checks notes Andrew Thorburn!

"Whilst he initially came to the club on a short-term basis to coordinate the external review, we believed we couldn't overlook someone of his calibre and that he needed to be tested within our process against the field of candidates.

"When Andrew was approached, he indicated that he would give the opportunity his consideration.

"At this point, he immediately removed himself from any oversight he had of the club's CEO search.

"A week later, he formally entered the process and then interviewed for the role last week, along with the other candidates.

Here's today's update:

"He was then offered, and accepted, the CEO position."

"The next day, he quit."

"We're ****ed".

Question for you “Christians”, if we hired a CEO that belonged to an organisation that believed that white people are the superior race and that black people will burn in hell would that be ok?

I think the question is completely irrelevant and doesn’t really help in any meaningful discussion.

The counter question would be, if we hired a CEO that restricted aboriginals in their cultural beliefs and asked them to discontinue their association with their local community or cease employment at the football club. Would that be OK?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back