Votes: 19 6.0%
  • Devils

Votes: 270 85.4%
  • Tasmanian Tigers

Votes: 27 8.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The "Tassie Tortoises"

Not to be confused with Turtles, which spend most of their life in the water, the Tortoise can not swim. As we all know a South Australian is just a Tasmanian that learned to swim, to anyone left on that island is pretty much a Tortoise.

Perfect name.

Here's a pity reply because you've tried to stir the pot multiple times and you keep getting ignored lol

Go for something more modern.

NO ANIMAL NAMES

The Big Bash took this approach in 2011, and strictly stipulated that no teams were to be named after animals, and I think the branding for the Big Bash has been a big success.

For new franchises, I tend to like the "non physical noun" names. Port went this way when they chose Power. The Storm, went this way also, in 1998. Something like that is a bit more modern and a bit more 21st century for marketing purposes.

American teams started to go down this path in the late 80's early 90's with names like Magic and Heat, and it has been generally well received by younger people who tend to like those names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For new franchises, I tend to like the "non physical noun" names. Port went this way when they chose Power.
"Power" is without doubt the weakest of the 18 club nicknames in terms of branding. Many Port Adelaide fans don't even want the club to use it anymore and the original "Port Power" team abbreviation is looked upon with derision.

"Power" is without doubt the weakest of the 18 club nicknames in terms of branding. Many Port Adelaide fans don't even want the club to use it anymore and the original "Port Power" team abbreviation is looked upon with derision.

That's because they wanted Magpies, but for obvious reasons couldn't use it. "Storm" has been an well received name, for example.

Don't call them the Devils, for crying out loud. Could anyone choose a more boring or predictable name than the Tassy Devils? Anther crappy animal name, which the Big bash rightly banned.

Go for something more modern.

NO ANIMAL NAMES

The Big Bash took this approach in 2011, and strictly stipulated that no teams were to be named after animals, and I think the branding for the Big Bash has been a big success.

For new franchises, I tend to like the "non physical noun" names. Port went this way when they chose Power. The Storm, went this way also, in 1998. Something like that is a bit more modern and a bit more 21st century for marketing purposes.

American teams started to go down this path in the late 80's early 90's with names like Magic and Heat, and it has been generally well received by younger people who tend to like those names.

They tried it with the Giants and Suns, and everyone reckons those names are s**t lol

They sound very American.

That's because they wanted Magpies, but for obvious reasons couldn't use it. "Storm" has been an well received name, for example.

Don't call them the Devils, for crying out loud. Could anyone choose a more boring or predictable name than the Tassy Devils? Anther crappy animal name, which the Big bash rightly banned.

Devils is the easiest answer, but by far the most boring.

the Tassie Trunks: brown center stripe with green l/r stripes & back, similar proportion to the WCE home tricolour from 2000-2015

e.g.
T_T.JPG

'Trunks' has a robust, sturdiness to it. Star players can also endorse Bonds trunks, thermal for 'down there'

Anyway this was my crappy 5 mins brainstorm

the Tassie Trunks: brown center stripe with green l/r stripes & back, similar proportion to the WCE home tricolour from 2000-2015

e.g.
View attachment 1216732

'Trunks' has a robust, sturdiness to it. Star players can also endorse Bonds trunks, thermal for 'down there'

Anyway this was my crappy 5 mins brainstorm
Ridiculous

1629886804376.png

The green has to be bright, like above. Not that horrible dark green that their S.O.O jumpers used to be. That dark green is horrible.

Think the type of green that the Seattle SeaHawks use.

Back