Taylor Walker... how's he going?

Remove this Banner Ad

And yes the people who were calling for Tex to be dropped should be ashamed of their selfs. They either don't know anything about footy or just fair weather supporters.

I was just on the ( will Adelaide make the top 4 thread ) and must say i was a bit dissapointed to be branded biased and brain dead by a so called Adelaide supporter because i wrote that I think Adelaide would make top 4. When I replied by stating that the supporter was a weak happy clapper. Some of my replys got taken down and now I can't post in the thread. If the so called supporter reads this post I hope they remember what i wrote because it's the truth.
Don’t take it to heart what other supposed fans say. Forums are full of opposing thoughts and/or idiots. The thing I would like to say though is that Tex has been an unbelievable presence of patience and calm throughout the recent years of turmoil.

Fans who continually bag the captain of the team they supposedly follow, need to question if they are barracking for the right sport or the right team?

Oh get nicked.

There has been a real and merits based defence of Tex mounted in the thread by decent posters, we don't this lousy 'are you even a fan' rubbish thrown in on top. It adds nothing, and it's never held water.

The problem with the criticism of Walker was that it was factually wrong, and ignored the context of his captaincy, not that it's impermissible to criticise Crows.

Oh get nicked.

There has been a real and merits based defence of Tex mounted in the thread by decent posters, we don't this lousy 'are you even a fan' rubbish thrown in on top. It adds nothing, and it's never held water.

The problem with the criticism of Walker was that it was factually wrong, and ignored the context of his captaincy, not that it's impermissible to criticise Crows.
I said if he is CONTINUALLY being BAGGED then it’s not a good look as a “Crows fan”. There’s opinions and then there’s bagging. I was talking about the bagging mindset.

And what purpose are you delivering by telling me to get nicked without even quoting me?

My purpose was that you would read it, and understand that you should get nicked. Which you did. The reason why I was telling you to get nicked was articulated in the post that told you to get nicked, and has not in substance been dealt with by repeating your merit-less points with capitalisation and quotations.

I knew that it was understandable that I was telling you to get nicked without the need to unnecessarily use the quote button, through the magic of sequential thread displays. Such magic.

Played on 1 leg, was field kicking on his left.

If that's true then there are people in our medical department and/or selection panel that need their butts kicked. Honestly, we had 1 player (Doedee) unavailable for selection for that game - 2 with Lynch withdrawing just before the game. There is absolutely no reason to be playing a guy with that kind of question mark hanging over his fitness - especially a player as crucial as Sloane. With a full list to choose from, there are no excuses for having him play under duress like that.

Good thing Ellis jumped or Tex would have been looking at a week or 2 on the sidelines for head high contact. It did set the scene tho for the night

Good thing Ellis jumped or Tex would have been looking at a week or 2 on the sidelines for head high contact. It did set the scene tho for the night

You're probably right, and it's sad that the game is adjudicated that way these days. That is a perfectly executed hip and shoulder bump by Tex - didn't jump, stayed down, kept his arm down. If he'd got him high it would have been purely due to the difference in height. Free kick would be fair enough, but he'd probably get weeks for it too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love that Tex is starting to jump at it again. This highlights package of his 2012 EF popped up on my youtube feed last night and it shows just how much he used to jump at the ball before he did his knee. If we could even get 50% of this Taylor Walker back, he would be so damaging!

heck you forget how much of a beast he was in 2012

**** you forget how much of a beast he was in 2012
He really was an athletic specimen wasn't he? Looked 2 steps quicker and so much more explosive!

On a sidenote, I'd say Tex was probably 12kg lighter in 2012, and looks so much better for it! Saunders if you are listening, your goal, get Tex back too this weight for 2020.

He really was an athletic specimen wasn't he? Looked 2 steps quicker and so much more explosive!

On a sidenote, I'd say Tex was probably 12kg lighter in 2012, and looks so much better for it! Saunders if you are listening, your goal, get Tex back too this weight for 2020.
tex bulked up a lot in the 2012/13 off season. he looked a lot slower before he did his knee in 2013

tex bulked up a lot in the 2012/13 off season. he looked a lot slower before he did his knee in 2013
I'd go as far as to say that a reason he did his knee was being too bulky and heavy. Not moving as athletically or smoothly. Awkward and off balance.

He started that 2013 season poorly from memory.

I'd go as far as to say that a reason he did his knee was being too bulky and heavy. Not moving as athletically or smoothly. Awkward and off balance.

He started that 2013 season poorly from memory.
Very much so, he was under pressure to hold his spot.

Very much so, he was under pressure to hold his spot.
wasn't under that much pressure..

but he certainly didn't carry on the momentum that we had in 2012

I love that Tex is starting to jump at it again. This highlights package of his 2012 EF popped up on my youtube feed last night and it shows just how much he used to jump at the ball before he did his knee. If we could even get 50% of this Taylor Walker back, he would be so damaging!

Thinking back to that it's amazing to remember how poor the size of the crowd was then for a pivotal final.

Tex looks like he's changing his game a bit.Against Richmond+Gws layed a few big tackles and gave out a shirt front.Done some sledging and had some wrestles.Does he play better when he has a bit of attitude. Still a good set shot for goal.

Tex looks like he's changing his game a bit.Against Richmond+Gws layed a few big tackles and gave out a shirt front.Done some sledging and had some wrestles.Does he play better when he has a bit of attitude. Still a good set shot for goal.
he must have had a niggle.
He's definitely up and about though. Pack marks, shirt fronts.

Bloody beautiful.

can we please close this thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back