News TEX - captain no more

How many weeks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Send him in for surgery for god sake.
Get him to lose 7-8 kilo.
Maybe we will have the good tex next year.
If his issues are mainly the foot/leg troubles then losing weight won't be as easy as it sounds, as you tend to need to run more in order to lose the weight, which may make his troubles worse.
Best thing for Tex is to rest maximally, make sure whatever lingering issues he has are fully fixed. Then hopefully he can start to run and lose some weight, regain more of the agility he used to showcase.

If his issues are mainly the foot/leg troubles then losing weight won't be as easy as it sounds, as you tend to need to run more in order to lose the weight, which may make his troubles worse.
Best thing for Tex is to rest maximally, make sure whatever lingering issues he has are fully fixed. Then hopefully he can start to run and lose some weight, regain more of the agility he used to showcase.
If it’s only his foot, maybe he could get on a bike or in the pool? Otherwise rest and change of diet could help.

Don’t we have special treadmills?

Burton and Hass with their revolutionary new treadmill training program.

source.gif

If it’s only his foot, maybe he could get on a bike or in the pool? Otherwise rest and change of diet could help.
He's had issues with his foot with the plantar fasciitis, then issues with glute/hammy later on. He had minimal preseason, which for a big bloke, is not an ideal preparation to have. The swimming/diet measures might help change his weight/fitness to a degree, but won't help as much in his rehab/conditioning of his muscles. He needs to do actual running drills and core strength training, and you need healthy legs and feet to achieve this.

Send him in for surgery for god sake.
Get him to lose 7-8 kilo.
Maybe we will have the good tex next year.
I didn't actually see any evidence of him not being able to run last night. Was he limping?

The weight loss might be a good idea though - ditto Fog (who really should be running and swimming and running and swimming so that by March he is super fit)

There are many ways to get into a caloric deficit to lose fat.. running doesn't haven't to be one of them.. put simply, if he adjusted his diet he could probably drop 4-5 kg's

There are many ways to get into a caloric deficit to lose fat.. running doesn't haven't to be one of them.. put simply, if he adjusted his diet he could probably drop 4-5 kg's
The issue isn't simply for Tex to lose weight, in order for better running capacity. We need to remember that players need to have an "ideal weight" and meanwhile maintaining an "ideal strength". Anyone can lose weight by just starving themselves or other medical/surgical means, but footballers need to lose weight AND maintain their core strength. The ability to run is an important factor in a footballer's journey to being "match fit".

I didn't actually see any evidence of him not being able to run last night. Was he limping?

The weight loss might be a good idea though - ditto Fog (who really should be running and swimming and running and swimming so that by March he is super fit)
He doesn't cover ground like he did in 2016 and even early last year.

Fog doesn't really need to lose weight as such, if hes at 95kgs or so that's enough, its about strength for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish the club or Tex or someone would actually confirm his injury. If the big fella isn't actually injured then I have grave concerns for his future. If this is all Tex has to offer these days then the end is very near.

He's playing as a leading CHF overweight and with no pre-season behind.

Dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

Nah, not buying it. Has the mobility of a sloth. Has to be more to it.

Tex even at his peak wasn't the greatest of movers, but he was smart, he found space, he was strong and he used the ball well.

Now he's carting around 105kgs on a foot that I believe still hasn't healed properly with no PS to go behind that. You can even tell looking at his physique, he doesn't look lean at all.

Tex even at his peak wasn't the greatest of movers, but he was smart, he found space, he was strong and he used the ball well.

Now he's carting around 105kgs on a foot that I believe still hasn't healed properly with no PS to go behind that. You can even tell looking at his physique, he doesn't look lean at all.
so hes injured?

He's playing as a leading CHF overweight and with no pre-season behind.

Dont throw the baby out with the bath water.
Chicken and egg....is he overweight and struggling through preseason as his foot has an issue that can't be fixed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It's hard to bag such a great clubman, our captain, a top bloke, and a player who we all know can win a game off his own boot. But it's clear something is up with Tex. I've tried my hardest to avoid bagging him, but Saturday night showed that enough is enough. He is a deadset liability, regularly goes missing in big games, and is a shadow of his former self.

Please AFC, concede that we are not making finals this year, get Tex off the ground and into surgery (if he is carrying an injury), or onto a modified program (if no injury) and get him right for Pre-Season Day 1.

In terms of Captaincy, I'm sure he is a great leader around the club, but I want us to have a great gameday leader. Someone who stands up in the big games, rather than goes missing, someone to inspire the team. Serious questions need to be asked at the end of the year.

It's hard to bag such a great clubman, our captain, a top bloke, and a player who we all know can win a game off his own boot. But it's clear something is up with Tex. I've tried my hardest to avoid bagging him, but Saturday night showed that enough is enough. He is a deadset liability, regularly goes missing in big games, and is a shadow of his former self.

Please AFC, concede that we are not making finals this year, get Tex off the ground and into surgery (if he is carrying an injury), or onto a modified program (if no injury) and get him right for Pre-Season Day 1.

In terms of Captaincy, I'm sure he is a great leader around the club, but I want us to have a great gameday leader. Someone who stands up in the big games, rather than goes missing, someone to inspire the team. Serious questions need to be asked at the end of the year.
Pretty much where I am at. Absolutely love the guy but he is being carried at the moment and no team can carry its leader.

so hes injured?

Don't think he's 'injured' as such, but he's playing sore. The club would be smart to put him on ice for the year, and start the recovery and conditioning process now, would do him a world of good. And because it's the smart thing to do, we won't do it:drunk: I mean we tried to put him through a month long mini pre-season and pulled the plug 2 weeks in! Our season was on the line, so we bring in a player who is an absolute liability on the field and can't run, ****ing great idea.

He's 10cm shorter than Sauce and yet weighs a couple of kgs more, and is shorter than Talia but weight a good 4-kgs more than him too!....in a position that requires him to be on the move and running into space! Makes absolutely no sense. He's not a stay at home forward that plays out the goal square, that's Jenkins' role. I'm no expert, but it seems pretty ****ing obvious he's playing heavy, with a busted foot trying to lug that frame around. I don't know what our obsession is with us wanting him to be in this condition because it's been like this for a while now, it just completely baffles me. Our fitness department is an absolute s**t show of the highest order.

Again, he's an immensely talented footballer who's playing sore/unfit/overweight. A lot of work needs to be done in the off-season to get him right. He hasn't been "fit" for a solid 24 months now and he's copping an absolute pasting for it, unfairly imo.

Chicken and egg....is he overweight and struggling through preseason as his foot has an issue that can't be fixed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure about the "can't be fixed" part. But even so, put him on ice for the season and get him to start the recovery process now. It's the smartest thing to do going forward. Either play Fog through rain, hail or shine, or just give Gov more experience as being that CHF target. As good as he is, Tex's body means that he's having a negative impact on the team, and so he should be aiming to come back in 2019 and prove all these media flogs wrong.

Pretty much where I am at. Absolutely love the guy but he is being carried at the moment and no team can carry its leader.

If he wasn't captain, he'd have been dropped to the SANFL, similar to Otten.

Back