Competitions Tex Walker and the Crow Stance

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 868688

So 2017 i was too nervous to go out and watch the footy with anyone. Stayed at home and watched it by myself. Probably 3-4 cans deep before the opening bounce. My timeline is a cracker to go back and read now.

The gaps everywhere was in relation to the national anthem :)
Lliam. Some parents have no shame

In fits of laughter at how stupid the Crow-bots looked.

I remember thinking real time how united we looked, arm in arm, relaxed and ready where on the other side they looked robotic and petrified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I actually thought they looked ridiculous every time they did it. The best part was they kept winning so they obviously - and hilariously - thought it had something to do with it.

You couldn't write anything as funny.

Hey it works for British politicians…

b60d0f6066c299168fe19acf05234496.jpg
T

Don't Mention Macbeth | Blackadder

I used to never be able to choose between 2, 3 and 4, but 4 has both Melchet and George, and Darling! so that probably edges it.
"You're a damn fine chap. Not a desk sucking, pencil pushing, blotter jotter like Darling here. Eh, Darling?"

"No sir."

"NO SIR!"

I think what really made the last episode of Series 4 so great was when Blackadder and Darling meet in the trenches just before the Big Push, and both realise that the other spent all his time on schemes to avoid the front line just because they didn't want to die. It didn't matter that they were sworn enemies - despite all the smart-alec point-scoring between the two, in the end, they both lost, and Melchett & Co won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think what really made the last episode of Series 4 so great was when Blackadder and Darling meet in the trenches just before the Big Push, and both realise that the other spent all his time on schemes to avoid the front line just because they didn't want to die. It didn't matter that they were sworn enemies - despite all the smart-alec point-scoring between the two, in the end, they both lost, and Melchett & Co won.
While that's true, I still would have preferred it to have finished up like the first 3 series did. Yes, everyone (or almost everyone) dies, but it never stopped being a comedy. The last few minutes of series 4 are deadly serious, which - to me anyway - detracts from the series.

In saying that it's still probably my favourite series of the 4.

While that's true, I still would have preferred it to have finished up like the first 3 series did. Yes, everyone (or almost everyone) dies, but it never stopped being a comedy. The last few minutes of series 4 are deadly serious, which - to me anyway - detracts from the series.

In saying that it's still probably my favourite series of the 4.
It was a poignant ending. A reminder that WW1 was a colossal, tragic, senseless, horrific waste of young men's lives. I thought it elevated and paid off everything that went before.

It was a poignant ending. A reminder that WW1 was a colossal, tragic, senseless, horrific waste of young men's lives. I thought it elevated and paid off everything that went before.
That is completely true, however I just would have preferred a comedic ending in line with the rest of the series.

What was the line earlier in the series..."this war would have been a damn sight easier if we'd just stayed home and shot a thousand of our men a week!"

It's a minor complaint though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back