That Was The Decade That Was

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
When I was a kid my favourite footy videos were Sensational 70s and Electrifying 80s. This was followed up with the equally classic 90s The Decade That Delivered. These videos were great not just for lovers of the game but as promotional pieces to market the game - they would be great to try and recruit kids in the expansion markets.

Channel 7 dropped the ball at the end of the 00s - they produced a "best of" for the decade but it was more about the hosts and their opinions than just showing us the highlights of the decade. But at least there was something.

Unless I've missed it we're about to commence the 2020 season and no sign of a 2010-2019 commemorative show. I'm not expecting anything from Channel 7 and I wouldn't want them going near it but surely Fox Footy can get something going? In fact they should also go back and recreate the 00s one and make up for Channel 7s debacle.

It's a shame we no longer have That Was The Season That Was either but one thing at a time....

I used to love the '' That was the Season that was '' end of season programs. The decade that delivered was sublime too.

The AFL's YouTube channel released a series of 'best of' videos about a month ago:

Cheers for that will have to check those out. I guess it's the way content is delivered these days, surprised Fox footy doesn't invest in more of this kind of stuff though. They've got a 24/7/365 channel and they do a couple of good shows here and there but nowhere near what I want or expect.

They should be doing an NFL films style of programming but it doesn't seem like they have the resources or the willingness to do it. Would rather see these than more "talking heads" shows pontificating on the weekly headlines

Remove this Banner Ad

Back