Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some pubs in Adelaide have been open the last couple of years on Good Friday, right?

Surely they will be this year with us playing at Adelaide Oval that night.

I guess it depends on the allowed crowd capacity at AO being high enough to make it worth their while opening for it? Full capacity you'd think they would, if it's only half or less - would it still be viable for them if they're having to pay the penalty rates etc?

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
I guess it depends on the allowed crowd capacity at AO being high enough to make it worth their while opening for it? Full capacity you'd think they would, if it's only half or less - would it still be viable for them if they're having to pay the penalty rates etc?

crowds upto 40k will be allowed at this stage

Jarman3

Premiership Player
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
crowds upto 40k will be allowed at this stage

Yeah, but the key bit there is "at this stage". Given the way things have gone over the past 12 months, I won't be taking anything for granted until we're actually sitting there in our seats. And I imagine it would be difficult for the surrounding venues to plan ahead with much confidence either.

xchadders

Premiership Player
May 26, 2012
tasmania
AFL Club
Adelaide
certainly is, would love to try the 25yo but a little pricey
700 for the bottle is steep. You could try a nip of it somewhere, but it would be a good $70 still. 😏
I had the 13yo released by that boutique-y whisky company. It was totally amazing. 😍

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Bottoms aren't always milky like that, it's the best drinking ever though. Hard to leave when they're pouring like that.
I can't do it, at least not more than one or two Fills me up

May 7, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood NQ Cowboys L'Pool
Long time BF lurker but this thread inspired me to post. I run a website dedicated to South Australian beer, cider, wine and spirits called Graild. Thought some of you might be interested with some of the comments in this thread about drinking independent and local!

LINKS
Website
SA Gin Distillery Map
SA Brewery Map

+ a heap of reviews, guides based on drink preferences and styles, the best battle shops around SA etc. We're updating and posting frequently so chuck us a follow on social media to keep up to date with the latest. Graild Facebook

Always up for feedback and suggestions so feel free to throw them at me. Cheers

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
received_736874936995106.jpeg

Aug 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hammarby IF, Toronto Raptors

Free Mismatch AFC stubby holder with each carton.

Of course it's a mid ale though, the 7th-12th of beers.

“During early conversations with Ewan, we discovered they have never developed a mid-strength ale before,” Silvers said.
“It felt like the perfect product for us as a Club to collaborate with them on."

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Crows 78 degree gin is where it’s at. Awesome label and a very good gin, can’t go wrong!

Is that a hint of apricot slice I taste? We drink a lot of gin but I really couldn't bring myself to buy a bottle with a football club logo. But then again, it might annoy the Port supporting missus, where did you say they were stocked?

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Is that a hint of apricot slice I taste? We drink a lot of gin but I really couldn't bring myself to buy a bottle with a football club logo. But then again, it might annoy the Port supporting missus, where did you say they were stocked?

The most worrying thing is you have a missus that goes for Port.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back