The 90s thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Used to share a studio with them

Was that back in the 80s?

I didn't like them much back then as I was a kid that was into pop music.

It was the same with The Church and Midnight Oil I didn't like them as a kid, I was into INXS back in the 80s.

1990 changed everything, what a year for Australian rock

Midnight Oil - Blue Sky Mining

The Church - Gold Afternoon Fix

Hunters & Collectors - Ghost Nation

ACDC - The Razors Edge

Triple J was better back then, when they played proper rock and not just sh*tty rap and dance music, better hosts too like Mikey, Helen Razer and The Sandman.

One thing that wasn't better was the internet, we didn't even have it for the first half of the decade and then when it did arrive it was only dial up which made the NBN look like lightning, these days you get pissed off if a video your streaming buffers for a second or two but back then it would take a day or two to download it.
JJJ is absolute cancer now. The music they play for the most part is utter garbage. Clip art music.

JJJ has turned into a real woke, hippies station no longer the alternative and rebellious that drew young and directionless listeners in. It thinks it’s rebellious but it just follows a lot of the populist millennial crap issues of today.

Gone are the days where all a 20 year old Shaneno cared about was hopping in his old commodore (with JJJ blaring) and hitting the surf while collecting his dole payment. Now this new crop of 20 year olds are protesting the system that looked after shanenos of the 80s and 90s.

JJJ has turned into a real woke, hippies station no longer the alternative and rebellious that drew young and directionless listeners in. It thinks it’s rebellious but it just follows a lot of the populist millennial crap issues of today.

Gone are the days where all a 20 year old Shaneno cared about was hopping in his old commodore (with JJJ blaring) and hitting the surf while collecting his dole payment. Now this new crop of 20 year olds are protesting the system that looked after shanenos of the 80s and 90s.

at least we have Double J.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back