Autopsy The annihilations continue v suns

Remove this Banner Ad

The saddest part about tonight was the staggering number of half efforts, unwillingness to chase, terrible skills and pure braindead moments.

Unfortunately this is not a team that is sick of losing, this is a team that has accepted losing.

Tonight was well below AFL standard and as far as i'm concerned, easily our worst performance this year.

🤣 That’s your takeaway, R? I suppose, if it helps, it’s as good as anything else I could come up with. I avoided the game like the plague…
I’m just sick of there being two interpretations when we play.

We are going to lose anyway, but these maggot campaigners truly don’t give a heck when they umpire us.

It’s like they have the mindset that the opposition is better so they don’t make mistakes and let them get away with everything.

I highlighted in an earlier post an umpire in the last 10 secs call Witts to stand twice and he kept walking away, yet decided to do nothing.

How can you just ignore something so blatant unless it’s a conscious decision. It’s not a mistake, he is actually pleading with Witts to stand so he doesn’t have to pay 50 and then when he doesn’t, just decides not to penalise him anyway.

It’s hard enough watching us play, but then having to put up with this s**t decision making week in week out that we are always on the wrong end of.

Who was the dumb campaigner who thought 4 was a good idea when we can’t even get 1 good one in a game.

The AFL is a ******* joke if they think the standard of umpiring is acceptable. Laura Kane is a gimp that will heck this game.

Last edited:
The Simpsons Depression GIF

It is sad that so many of us have reached the apathetic stage.

It's funny how you feel things at certain points in time. The trainwreck well and truly continues but after tonight it just really feels like a few players who are contemplating a future at North are leaning towards a certain decision.

I used to love this game. I cannot stand it now. Cant even be arsed watching other games. This North team has made me hate that which I love. Its sad.
Im the opposite, North is the only thing that connects me to the game.. Footy is s**t these days. It’s unrecognisable from what it once was. Ive been saying that since before we were this bad too.

in the last 5 seasons of footy we have won 12/92 games. We will most likely finish this 5 year period 12/106. Of those 12 wins only 3 were in Melbourne and only 2 were in front of a live crowd. I am going to go out on a limb here and say that no other professional sporting organisation in Australia has been that bad. We are the worst run sporting club in the country. Certainly in my time watching footy (40 years) no one has been this bad (and survived). When does the AFL step in and take over? In our current state with the current management there is no way we survive 3 more years.
But Caro said we have a “magnificent president”.

Defence battled manfully tonight - not our weakest link. Obviously leaked a lot of scores but most of that wasn’t on the back six, I didn’t think.

I’d say the forward line was dysfunctional but as our mids were being pantsed and delivery was shocking it’s hard to apportion blame fairly. First quarter was some cause for optimism. Which just makes the drop in intensity and the god awful skills harder to deal with.

Whatever they did with Stevo helped. I thought Greenwood was good. Phillips kept Rowell quiet for a long time but that doesn’t seem enough - our midfield is too short on talent to use a spot just blocking.

Xerri seemed to get in our mids’ way more than he helped them. but I did think even if he wasn’t marking his contests improved and he wasn’t outmarked as much as he has been.

Warsaw faded but again was worth the price of admission. McKercher was generally good too.

Not looking forward to next week at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have firmly come to the opinion that there is no way out of this. Unless the AFL itself takes over control of every football department decision, the club will cease to exist in its current form within 10 years. We have proven to lack the culture and ability to do it ourselves and we're going deeper into the hole. It just can't continue like this.

That’s honestly as bad as we’ve ever looked, which is saying something. No semblance whatsoever of a plan or any kind of cohesion. I’ve gone full 180 after that s**t. Football department well and truly on notice. IDGAF what their names are, we’re just putrid and getting worse by the week, month, year.

We beat this team 9 rounds ago……

Think about that…….
Think about what? Most of the posters on here jerking off after the boys won a dead rubber? Has done wonders for our morale and confidence that win. ******* embarrassing the players actually celebrated.

It makes me sick thinking about it.

Is it possible we train with AFLW footballs, size 4?
The ball seems to be foreign to us on match day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back