The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

The fixture sucks balls if you dont go for one of the big clubs.

After tomorrow night 4 sets of of supporters have watched their teams twice while 10 havent seen a game yet.
8 clubs get two byes. 3 if they make finals.
The algorithm prioritises attendance too strongly.

A 'big' club like Hawthorn is allowed to neglect it's fanbase and play a Vic team in Launceston but WB wouldn't be allowed to do the reverse in Ballarat.

I guess im just keen to go to our game🤷‍♂️
Surely it's a better timeslot for you to go on a Sunday arvo than a Thursday/Friday night where I expect you'd have to be back in Echuca for an early start?

Think you'd find most supporters would have gripes. For me, it's stupid having a bye next week, 2 weeks into the season.

Surely it's a better timeslot for you to go on a Sunday arvo than a Thursday/Friday night where I expect you'd have to be back in Echuca for an early start?

Think you'd find most supporters would have gripes. For me, it's stupid having a bye next week, 2 weeks into the season.
My work is pretty flexible(joys of being my own boss) so i can fit in big games and gigs in the big smoke pretty easy.

I prefer Friday nights, go out for dinner before hand and do some shopping before heading home on Saturday.

8 clubs get two byes. 3 if they make finals.
The algorithm prioritises attendance too strongly.

A 'big' club like Hawthorn is allowed to neglect it's fanbase and play a Vic team in Launceston but WB wouldn't be allowed to do the reverse in Ballarat.
TBH we wouldnt want to play a Vic club in Ballarat, no need to.

TBH we wouldnt want to play a Vic club in Ballarat, no need to.
Of course not but it's the principle that's dripping in double standards and stinks.

Essentially tells everyone that fans from 4-5 Vic clubs matter home or away and fans from the remaining 4 Melbourne clubs are 2nd class fans. s**t timeslots, always the one's to make the trips to Geelong, Darwin, Cairns, The Alice.

Hearing Caro whinge about Richmond (or Essendon) being scheduled in Geelong but not doing the same for North or St Kilda is the attitude we need to be rid of in this comp. Their pissant away fans matter no more than NM do.

But the model won't change. I'd love to and can easily afford to go to our away games but choose not to to not be a hypocrite. Away games are for the couch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid idea to extend a guy who missed finals comfortably and hasn't been able to find a way to get the team to score.

You don't think maybe it's been done to include a get out clause and in the mean time shuts the media up?

2nd one is laughable. Plugger would have kicked 3000 with s**t like that.

The defender had his back to the ball and never once looked at the ball before making contact trying to wrap an arm around Lynch. I'm fine with that being paid.

in a world full of dull special commenters, joel selwood could be the dullest.
Seems to be the commentary role that is hard to get good at.
Lots of ex players have struggled in the expert comments role.

Jobe, Phil Davis, Dale Thomas, Abbey Holmes, Daisy Pearce, Nathan Jones, Cameron Ling etc etc have all copped stick for their comments.

Hard to give great insight when most of the time they're saying what the average fan at home can figure out

Jobe, Phil Davis, Dale Thomas, Abbey Holmes, Daisy Pearce, Nathan Jones, Cameron Ling etc etc have all copped stick for their comments.

Hard to give great insight when most of the time they're saying what the average fan at home can figure out
I guess the problem is these peeps aren't chosen for their football brains(the ones with the brains usually end up in the coaching system not the media). So all they end up doing is telling us what we are already seeing rather than being insightful.

It's the tone of his voice too, needs to put some emotion in.

This may be controversial but I still think the best special comments guy around is Dermott Brereton.

He waffles and can grate sometimes but he actually says interesting things and picks up on stuff that you wouldn’t realise watching at home, which considering how long he’s been out the game is very impressive. Most of them are just bland to the point they may as well not even be there.

I guess the problem is these peeps aren't chosen for their football brains(the ones with the brains usually end up in the coaching system not the media). So all they end up doing is telling us what we are already seeing rather than being insightful.
Think they could do without game 90% of expert comments and leave that for mid week analysis shows like talking footy and on the couch.

Where King, Montagna etc dissect how teams play. Found it fascinating last year that he called the Blues not winning it early because they struggle with the turnover game and being shown to be right.

During games they just give CPT. Obvious answers.
... "The tigers need to get the ball in the hands of their best users, advance it up field so they can help their defence".

Wouldn't have thought about that myself :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back