The Association Football AFL Thread 3.0

Remove this Banner Ad

It isn't uncommon for teams that go deep into the finals to start slow. They will probably come good eventually but I bloody hope not.
Always thought they were overrated and one of the arsiest teams we will ever see. Played out of their skins and had a lot of fortunate results. Always seemed to be the beneficiaries of terrible umpiring as well.

Always thought they were overrated and one of the arsiest teams we will ever see. Played out of their skins and had a lot of fortunate results. Always seemed to be the beneficiaries of terrible umpiring as well.

Yeah never thought much of them, we've matched up well on them the last two years, and tonight was pretty dominant.

Agreed but there is too much quality in that team to slide too much. If anything they might finish in the bottom half of the 8.

Geez these two teams are rubbish. Can safely put a line through Geelong and St Kilda this year.

Thought it was a pretty good game.
Utter garbage. Man behind the ball all night.
Won't be watching the replay.

I genuinely thought us, Collingwood and Hawthorn had done the job and ended this dinosaur but alas no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

while we were rubbish, not sure it's quite right that we front up for our first game against a side already having played a game.
Double whammy too.

8 clubs get to round 1 with a hitout under their belts.
And also get a 2nd bye.

Wonder if the free kick analysts who were up and about early Thursday night will be similarly outraged at this dodgy umpiring 😁

Very scrappy game and both teams didn’t look particularly great although we were better I thought, but first game for both sides and it showed.

1-0 can’t complain.
Low quality Ross game but saw some good stuff from younger players. Holmes, Bruhn and Clark will learn and improve together.

Exactly. 1-0 and 2 losses ahead of the Pies and Tigs already.
Saints v Pies next week is tasty. Either 0-2 or 0-3.

Saints have every right to be pissed off. Got umpired out of the game tonight.

Plus how many throws did Cats get away with?

Yeah was pretty crazy how many throws got ignored. Think only the most obvious got pinged through sheer weight of numbers.

Double whammy too.

8 clubs get to round 1 with a hitout under their belts.
And also get a 2nd bye.

So even with 10 clubs not playing in Round 0 (so essentially a bye for those clubs), you still think that 8 clubs will have 2 byes this year and the other 10 clubs will only have 1 byes. Everyone gets 2 byes.

The only downside to Round 0 is that the AFL should have just had every club playing in Round 0, maybe like another Gather Round but this one in Queensland/NSW.

Last edited:
Don't give us that bullshit. Be better than that

As I said it would have been better just to do a Round 0 gather round with everyone involved. I think the idea behind Round 0 was to feature a round in Queensland/NSW but then the league went with a half measure by only having 8 clubs involved. I can see why supporters are disappointed.

Ooft. Looked after club.

Animated GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back