The Battle For Top 4 2019/20

Remove this Banner Ad

Our hopes are gone. Son joins Kane and Sissoko on our long-term (out for the season) injury list.
What is your ideal starting XI now with the players currently available? Would Alli now play as a false 9?

What is your ideal starting XI now with the players currently available? Would Alli now play as a false 9?
For me I'd be throwing the kid Parrot in but Mourinho doesn't want to throw him into the deep end.

Lloris
Aurier Toby Sanchez Davies
Lo Celso Winks Ndombele
Lucas Dele Bergwijn

Defence cover: Tanganga, Vertonghen, Sessengon, Foyth
Midfield cover: Dier, Gedson, Skipp
Fwd cover: Lamela

Problem 1 being that Ndombele isn't fit so his spot goes to Dier or Gedson Fernandes.
Problem 2 being that Lamela is the only rotation option for the whole front 3 and every time we rely on him he breaks down

Down to our bare bones!

For me I'd be throwing the kid Parrot in but Mourinho doesn't want to throw him into the deep end.

Lloris
Lo Celso Winks Ndombele
Lucas Dele Bergwijn

Problem 1 being that Ndombele isn't fit so his spot goes to Dier or Gedson Fernandes.
Problem 2 being that Lamela is the only rotation option for the whole front 3 and every time we rely on him he breaks down

Down to our bare bones!
Could Mou put Tanganga or Vertonghen in and make a back 5?

Lloris
Lo Celso Winks Ndombele
Lucas Dele Bergwijn

Down to our bare bones!

What's up with Ndombele? Was beasting it jn Ligue 1, now struggling with the tempo of the game. I thought he could have been the signing to take you guys to the next level. Perhaps he still can and just needs a season to adjust.

Lloris
Lo Celso Winks Ndombele
Lucas Dele Bergwijn

Down to our bare bones!
Just do a Barca and sign a forward even though the window is over :p

What's up with Ndombele? Was beasting it jn Ligue 1, now struggling with the tempo of the game. I thought he could have been the signing to take you guys to the next level. Perhaps he still can and just needs a season to adjust.
Battled through injuries during pre-season and just can't get a full crack at it. I'm still very confident he'll be a boss of a CM, season 1 was always going to be an adjustment year which he's done well at to an extent. There's been a handful of games where you can see him dominate but then in others he looks as fit as me!

I'm still very confident he'll be a boss of a CM, season 1 was always going to be an adjustment year which he's done well at to an extent. There's been a handful of games where you can see him dominate but then in others he looks as fit as me!

This sounds a lot like what United fans went through with Fred last season.

He looked completely lost at this level in his first season and just couldn't get a game. Now after some time to settle he's looking on track to take home the clubs POTS award in his second season.

Ndombele is a talented player. I suspect he's just going to need some patience before it comes together for him.

This sounds a lot like what United fans went through with Fred last season.

He looked completely lost at this level in his first season and just couldn't get a game. Now after some time to settle he's looking on track to take home the clubs POTS award in his second season.

Ndombele is a talented player. I suspect he's just going to need some patience before it comes together for him.
He never looks lost out there he just looks gassed at the end of the half. Even in those games he looks like a quality player for 15-20 mins.

Throw in the fact that he is quite often then injured after playing a good 90 mins and it's like he is a young Dembele!

Still think you had the better of the game last night, just not getting much rub. It’s very hard to call who is going to finish 4th and 5th now. Could be any two of six or seven clubs
We just cant score easily or keep a clean sheet. We are screwed.

Really hoped Wolves would be amongst the mix. Natural progression from Europa to Champions league. I hope that Sheffield isn’t close. They’ll get hammered with the quality of play plus don’t have the depth

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see Tottenham doing it now they’ve lost Son. Still fancy Chelsea but it’s up for grabs now really. Everton are the form team, if they can keep their form going against some very difficult opponents they will sneak 4th or 5th

Leicester starting to splutter
2 points in their last 4 games, and if Chelsea win, there would be a 3 point gap between 3rd and 4th.

Also if we win our next game, that officially rules out Leicester for the title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back