Premier Lg EPL Matchday 4 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW, when and if the gap is 10 points or we have an unassailable lead in May is when I get confident of titles. I can't see that ever changing.

20 years as a blue pre money taught me that, and I don't care how successful we get I'll always be the same.

My lad knows no different and he thinks we've won already. But a 2 point lead is nothing.

Bit of both. I think you're weaker than a few years back, Arsenal look stronger (although haven't looked great).

Still early days but you can both lose each week and I'll be happy.
I think we can finish 2nd, last season was an anomaly. But City are always too good. You guys will win the league comfortably.

*in' A!

No team I enjoy beating more than United. Bloody beautiful start to the week.

Cop that you Manc dogs.

All bar Rice's goal were great goals and I guess even then it's a good finish despite the shoddy keeping and space afforded. Rashford rinsed White and RB is definitely an issue for us. Havertz should have done better for the early chanced he fluffed. The pen call on him would have been soft but seen them given.

The Jesus goal was magnificent.

Unlucky for United with Garnacho. Oh well. I won't lose too much sleep over it.

10 points from 12 with Chelsea and Newcastle away off the board. 15 league games undefeated. Building nicely.

With Firmino gone there’s been a vacancy in the role of “my boy”. Szoboszlai now a short priced favourite to fill it. He’s been great so far, particularly in the games we went down to 10 men. Great mentality and football IQ to go with the talent and athleticism.

Haha Havertz. Absolute spud

Wasn't the story that Havertz would improve when played in his preferred position? On current form Arsenal would be better off picking one of their goalkeepers as no 10.

On the other hand, how good is Ødegaard. You just know he's going to slot it when he shoots from the edge of the box.

Wasn't the story that Havertz would improve when played in his preferred position? On current form Arsenal would be better off picking one of their goalkeepers as no 10.

On the other hand, how good is Ødegaard. You just know he's going to slot it when he shoots from the edge of the box.
To be fair to him, he’s had to play in a cobbled together side and needs to learn the system still. In saying that, he’s clearly not been up to it yet and I don’t know how long you persist with him playing like this before you start Vieira who’s shown a lot more off the bench.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to him, he’s had to play in a cobbled together side and needs to learn the system still. In saying that, he’s clearly not been up to it yet and I don’t know how long you persist with him playing like this before you start Vieira who’s shown a lot more off the bench.

I wouldn't call Arsenal a cobbled together side. Arteta has been manager since December 2019. He's had time to make strategic signings and he's only got a couple of players on the injury list. Havertz was meant to be an upgrade on Xhaka but he's been a dud so far. He cost more than either Maddison or Szoboszlai who are better players.

I wouldn't call Arsenal a cobbled together side. Arteta has been manager since December 2019. He's had time to make strategic signings and he's only got a couple of players on the injury list. Havertz was meant to be an upgrade on Xhaka but he's been a dud so far. He cost more than either Maddison or Szoboszlai who are better players.
I meant Chelsea. He’s not living up to his price at the moment and needs to be dropped for Vieira currently. I do think it takes time to adapt to new systems and players but he’s just not doing the basic stuff right which is worrying.

I meant Chelsea. He’s not living up to his price at the moment and needs to be dropped for Vieira currently. I do think it takes time to adapt to new systems and players but he’s just not doing the basic stuff right which is worrying.
He looks the same player he was his whole time with us. Hes just not very good, what you see is what you get.

I guess hopefully you dont waste 3 seasons waiting for him to come good like we did

Sancho going to go Turkey or Saudi before their transfer deadline closes?

Saudi's the last place a bloke that's struggling mentally needs to go. Reckon Sancho is the sort of guy that might actually thrive with a fresh start. Wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Dortmund for 30-40m in January.

He looks the same player he was his whole time with us. Hes just not very good, what you see is what you get.

I guess hopefully you dont waste 3 seasons waiting for him to come good like we did

Was a weird transfer negotiation with nobody other than Arsenal seemingly interested. A few Bayern rumors and that's about it. Did well to offload him for overs.

Was a weird transfer negotiation with nobody other than Arsenal seemingly interested. A few Bayern rumors and that's about it. Did well to offload him for overs.

I recall some links with Real Madrid earlier in the window. Prior to Bayern. Aside from that it emerged that Arsenal were the clear front runners for him and yes Chelsea secured an excellent transaction for them.

Havertz whilst only 4 matches in, really does need a big performance, a goal etc, sooner rather later.

Give me Richarlison over Havertz every day of the week. Havertz is utter garbage.

I'm not one to go into bat for Havertz, but using him to defend Richarlison? At least Havertz has a Champions league winner to his name. Chicken man takes his shirt off more often than score goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back