Thumpy

All Australian
Dec 14, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Sturt
Was wondering, which team has the best midfield in the comp. Is it the Cats with the likes of Ablett, Bartel, Selwood, Corey and Ling? The Saints with Dal Santo, Montagna, Goddard, Hayes and Gram? Or the Blues with Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, McLean and Simpson? Or is there another team which you believe can compete with these mids?

This might be incredibly biased. I think the dogs midfield would be 2nd/3rd best in the league with Geelong obviously the best. People didn't rate us because we had no forward line apparently yet we kicked the most goals for the season this year and 2nd most last year.

Boyd, Cross, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Giansiriacusa, Picken, Ward, Eagleton, and Akermanis (in spurts).

It doesn't quite have the leg speed of other teams but we get the ball moving quite quickly.

This might be incredibly biased. I think the dogs midfield would be 2nd/3rd best in the league with Geelong obviously the best. People didn't rate us because we had no forward line apparently yet we kicked the most goals for the season this year and 2nd most last year.

Boyd, Cross, Cooney, Griffen, Higgins, Giansiriacusa, Picken, Ward, Eagleton, and Akermanis (in spurts).

It doesn't quite have the leg speed of other teams but we get the ball moving quite quickly.

I think you've got to cut it off at 5. Otherwise everyone comes on here listing 80% of their list that can run through the middle.

But you're top 5 are right up there.

I'd say Cats, then Hawks and Dogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton? HAHAHAHA

Really?

Yeah sure they might be talented and look fantastic when they have the ball, but great midfields apply defensive pressure, and not one single member of the Blues midfield has ever applied defensive pressure.

Biggest bunch of downhill skiers in the league.

It really grinds your gears that we have such a good midfield doesn't it? So much scope for improvement too. :)

It really grinds your gears that we have such a good midfield doesn't it? So much scope for improvement too. :)

Why would it grind my gears? Everyone says the Pies have a 2nd rate midfield, yet it smashed the Blues midfield last time they met, humiliated it.

If ours is 2nd rate then what does that make the downhill skiers? 4th rate at best.

The Carlton midfield sums up the Carlton footy club. Soft.

Geelong now. Carlton are 2nd and will overtake Geelong as the best mids in 2011, especially with the catters losing Gazza.:thumbsu:
Oh please, as if he'd leave. :rolleyes:

Carlton aren't anyway near 2nd.

Oh please, as if he'd leave. :rolleyes:

Carlton aren't anyway near 2nd.

Na as I said we are 2nd to Geelong but that won't last long. I'm not the only one who thinks Ablett will leave btw. If someone offerred you something like close to triple your salary to do the same thing in a career that goes for such a short time?

Geelongs for me. They were pretty even with the Saints on GF day but dominated them in round 14.

You could just about throw a blanket over St. Kilda, Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Carlton, Adelaide and Collingwood.

And to anyone thinking of saying theirs will be the best in 2011 or 2012 or whenever - just about every teams midfield looks good with another year or two:

West Coast: Kerr, Embley, Masten, Ebert, Swift, (with Stevens/Cox/Natinui)
Melbourne: Scully, Sylvia, Morton, Tapscott, Grimes, Jones
Richmond: Cotchin, Deledio, Martin, Tambling, Foley (Vickery/Collins/Cousins?)
North: Ziebell, Swallow, Wells, Cunnington, Firito (McIntosh)
Freo: Palmer, Hill, Morabito, Haselby, Ibbotson (Sandilands)
Port: Hartlett, Boak, Salopek, Cornes, Cassisi (Gray)

Na as I said we are 2nd to Geelong but that won't last long. I'm not the only one who thinks Ablett will leave btw. If someone offerred you something like close to triple your salary to do the same thing in a career that goes for such a short time?

Would he give up his childhood dream to do it though?

If you played for Carlton and got 500K+ to do so would you walk out on them for another club? If Collingwood or Essendon offered you 1.5 mil would you ditch the Blues?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back