Analysis The best of our own vs the Rest?

Remove this Banner Ad

Darkhour

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2001
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Aussies in the NBA!
Ok so the most important people in a football club poll as come down to so far 3 standouts with Coach, CEO and Recruiting Manager leading.

If we are to have a successful and great culture, shouldn't we be investing in fantastic people for these positions? And what makes them different, stand out or better than others?

I don't know much about the inner working of club officials etc. other than the public eye of a coach, so I'll have to defer to those who are wiser on the subject, but these are my thoughts. In recent years;

Who do you think have been our best and who of the rest have been the best?

CEO:

Saints: Matthew Finnis - current. I really don't know if we've had anyone really fantastic at this job..?
Others: Brian Cook, Gary Pert, Greg Swann

Coach:
Saints:
Ross Lyon, Grant Thomas
Others: Mark Thompson, Alastair Clarkson, Mick Malthouse, Leigh Matthews, Kevin Sheedy, Paul Roos

Recruiting Manager:

Saints: Tony Elshaug - current. I really don't know if we've had anyone really fantastic at this job..?
Others: Graham Wright and Stephen Wells

Last edited:

If we are to have a successful and great culture, shouldn't we be investing in fantastic people for these positions? And what makes them different, stand out or better than others?

C'mon all you armchair experts who usually have so much to say on whats wrong with the club!

Heres your chance to put forth your dream team and or give an insight into how other clubs have done it successfully..!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back