The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

50 is overs for Lavia, particularly because as I've said numerous times we already have Bajcetic who is of a similar age.

Just leave it and let City get him for 40 next season.

Playing Mac at the 6 today cos we dont have a 6 haha.

No Thiago or Bajcetic either.

Thiago & Bajcetic haven't played for 6 months and only just got back into full training. Probably not fully ready until after the Sept international break.

This Lavia stuff is embarrassing. Do we even have another player in mind if it doesn’t go through? And even if we sign him tomorrow it’s going to take a few weeks to bed him in, even Robbo didn’t play first 6 weeks after we signed him.

Can’t believe we are going into opening day with less depth in MF than last year. Thiago and Bajectic aren’t going to impact much at all opening month, and our subs last night show just threadbare the squad is.

Our bench is going to look horrific against Chelsea, basically a couple of defenders and kids.

For opponents or us?

Whether to keep him or loan him.

I say keep him and give him Europa / League Cup games + bench appearances in PL.

We should be looking at developing him into Salah's successor when he leaves in 3 years time. Stays this year, next season on loan as a starter every week in championshiip / lower PL then back to us for one more season learning from Salah before taking over.

This Lavia stuff is embarrassing. Do we even have another player in mind if it doesn’t go through? And even if we sign him tomorrow it’s going to take a few weeks to bed him in, even Robbo didn’t play first 6 weeks after we signed him.

Can’t believe we are going into opening day with less depth in MF than last year. Thiago and Bajectic aren’t going to impact much at all opening month, and our subs last night show just threadbare the squad is.

Our bench is going to look horrific against Chelsea, basically a couple of defenders and kids.

I didn't see the Darmstad friendly. Did Mac play at #6? I'm hearing a lot of chatter that Jurg will start the season with Mac at #6. Not ideal, but hopefully enough until we get Lavia and one more to play at #6. Bajcetic isn't going to be available for another month or so.

I didn't see the Darmstad friendly. Did Mac play at #6? I'm hearing a lot of chatter that Jurg will start the season with Mac at #6. Not ideal, but hopefully enough until we get Lavia and one more to play at #6. Bajcetic isn't going to be available for another month or so.

So 12-18 months with Mac at #6?

Team vs Chelsea (as things stand without transfers)

--------------------Ali-------------------

--Trent------Konate-------VVD-------Robbo

---------------Mac-------------------

-----Soz-----------------Jones

--Mo----------Gakpo----------Diaz

Kelleher
Jogo
Matip
Kostas
Elliott
Clark
McConnell
Doak
Jota
Nunez

Looking a bit light on for mids with no Thiago/Bajcetic and no Lavia (if he signs he goes straight into the matchday squad). Another option is Gakpo in midfield if things become desperate.

Don't see Klopp playing Trent at the half back playmaking role in the 3-2-2-3 if Mac is playing alongside him at #6. Reckon he will go back to the traditional 4-3-3. A proper #6 to clean up is a must for the 3-2-2-3 formation where Trent plays as the deep lying playmaker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I'm for Gomez at right back and Trent at 6 now, better than Jones and at least this means teams don't just so obviously attack our right side anymore

That has merit but I just don't see Trent cleaning up much at 6 by himself. He thrives when he has someone alongside him to then create. Maybe for Chelsea away Mo will hae to sit deeper. This all changes if we get Lavia in obviously. He'd have to go straight into the starting lineup.

Whether to keep him or loan him.

I say keep him and give him Europa / League Cup games + bench appearances in PL.

We should be looking at developing him into Salah's successor when he leaves in 3 years time. Stays this year, next season on loan as a starter every week in championshiip / lower PL then back to us for one more season learning from Salah before taking over.
Don't think we should be loaning him out, looks like he will be a serious impact player off the bench. I love how he takes the game and his opponent on.

Don't think we should be loaning him out, looks like he will be a serious impact player off the bench. I love how he takes the game and his opponent on.

Not this season definitely. A loan in 24/25 would be ideal. A season of first team football starting every week is invaluable at his age in a years time.

Not even close.
He isn't, but thanks to teams like City, Chelsea and Madrid paying over the top for players, the market is massively over inflated right now. That even project players are worth 50 million based on potential not actual output. We will have to overpay, and have left it way to late to find cheaper alternatives.

He isnt worth 50 million but if he does come in and excels and he is with us 5-10 years then the fee is fine.

If it goes the other way and he's not good enough, it's a disaster. Having said that, he is young enough and will have resale value so even if it doesnt work out you can probably move him on for 30 million and recoup quite a lot back.

Again and I know I sound like a broken record but he's 19 and Baj is 18. Spending 50 million on someone who IMO isnt any better than Bajcetic doesnt really solve the #6 dilemma. Unless we just plan to roll the season with a 19 and 18 year old in a key position in midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back