the Byes Poll

are you prepared for the byes?

• yep - good to go - going for max points

• yep - good to go - stacking for league wins

• almost - should be ready for the first one (max points)

• almost - should be ready for the first one (league wins)

• carnage victim - wont be ready despite best efforts

• no care for the byes

• what byes?

• FMDT

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the first year cracking the top 1000 so I probably should take a look at where I will be before locking in this weeks trades.

So what should the approach be aside from having an even numbers balance? I imagine you'd also want a balance on investment. I guess it wouldn't be so good having most of your premos out one week.

This is the first year cracking the top 1000 so I probably should take a look at where I will be before locking in this weeks trades.

So what should the approach be aside from having an even numbers balance? I imagine you'd also want a balance on investment. I guess it wouldn't be so good having most of your premos out one week.

balanced is the way to go in my opinion...

Can anyone give me some advice?

Currently:

10/10/10

Round 13: missing 5 forwards
Round 14: missing 5 defenders
Round 15: missing 5 midfielders

Should I be trying to swap these around a little? Or will my two trades on bye week be sufficient to cover the outs as they arise?

You should be alright as long as you have some DPP links in each line. I'm seriously considering bringing in Trent West on my forward bench for McGovern next week (providing he keeps his spot) as that gives me a way to link Rucks to Forwards too.

Currently:

10/10/10

Should I be trying to swap these around a little? Or will my two trades on bye week be sufficient to cover the outs as they arise?

Well you need to have 18 playing through out your team, as only your top 18 scores will count during the Byes. But they have to be on the field (unless a 0 is scored, a bench player can be included) But say you have all Mids playing, even if your two Bench mids score in your top 18, they will not be counted. So if you have your 8 mids, 6 defenders, and both rucks playing during round 13, you still need to find another 2 in your forward line to make up the 18 players.

Only 200pts off the top so should probably have a closer look at the bye rounds.
Yeah its make or break come Bye rounds, Just want them to be done with. Im looking ok at the moment, but the way Injuries have been the last few weeks, Be good to have a few spare players each week.

I'm more of a "plan my trades for premos to bring in Rnd 14 & 15" around the byes type.

i.e. rnd 14, bring in rnd 13 bye premos
rnd 15 bring in rnd 13/14 premos.

Happy to carry too many rnd 14/15 rookies into the byes with the aim to downgrade/upgrade 2 of them each week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm more of a "plan my trades for premos to bring in Rnd 14 & 15" around the byes type.

i.e. rnd 14, bring in rnd 13 bye premos
rnd 15 bring in rnd 13/14 premos.

Happy to carry too many rnd 14/15 rookies into the byes with the aim to downgrade/upgrade 2 of them each week.

Basically this for me. Doing 1 downgrade and 1 upgrade each week from now until the bye rounds and through them should be able to field 16-18 premo's each week.

Currently:

10/10/10

Don't worry about where they play matey, you get the best 18 scores irrelevant of what position they are, focus on how many premiums you've got missing each week.

11, 9, 10

Not bad considering i haven't really planned for the byes.

Bit concerned about round 14 as i'll be missing 6 premos with my current side.

Hey guys what do u mean by 10/10/10 for example. Is that how many is playing each round or how many you will be missing. Im still new to these boards so please be nice

it's the make up of your squad ie 9/10/11... 9 r13 players / 10 round 14 players / 11 round 15 players

Back