Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What snag? How has it suddenly hit a snag that's been around there the entire ******* time? How is it a 'snag', when it's the whole environment for the trade in which to take place?

This is stupid. That isn't an article, it's barely 300 words, and it's surrounded by more advertising than there is article. If you were to do a word count, you'd find more words in the ads than the article. If you were to do a check to see how many data points or how much information there is in that article, you'd say that there's 2 at best, all of it stuff we knew already.

I didn't want to click on it, but it is exceedingly difficult to criticize something you haven't read, but I'm actually kind of livid now. What a phenomenal waste of time that was! I'm not going to get the barely 10 seconds of my life I spent reading the bloody thing back, and I'm furious with myself for clicking on it.

For fu**'s sake, footy is one of the most interesting sports on the ******* planet; how can they reduce it down to being so utterly boring?
Because free agent/trade articles are significantly the most clicked on content in footy.

What snag? How has it suddenly hit a snag that's been around there the entire ******* time? How is it a 'snag', when it's the whole environment for the trade in which to take place?

This is stupid. That isn't an article, it's barely 300 words, and it's surrounded by more advertising than there is article. If you were to do a word count, you'd find more words in the ads than the article. If you were to do a check to see how many data points or how much information there is in that article, you'd say that there's 2 at best, all of it stuff we knew already.

I didn't want to click on it, but it is exceedingly difficult to criticize something you haven't read, but I'm actually kind of livid now. What a phenomenal waste of time that was! I'm not going to get the barely 10 seconds of my life I spent reading the bloody thing back, and I'm furious with myself for clicking on it.

For fu**'s sake, footy is one of the most interesting sports on the ******* planet; how can they reduce it down to being so utterly boring?
oh boy I hope I don't cut you off in the traffic 😂

Some great discussion about the club on AFL Exchange this week. I particularly found Riley's question about our midfield depth very interesting.

When Cripps was playing forward, Walsh was the best mid on the ground, but how far down was the next Carlton mid?

Some great discussion about the club on AFL Exchange this week. I particularly found Riley's question about our midfield depth very interesting.

When Cripps was playing forward, Walsh was the best mid on the ground, but how far down was the next Carlton mid?

Its an interesting point, I think we really threw everything that has been working for us over the past month out the window against North.

Rather than sticking with our one wood, we got too cute with trying to swing Cripps and particularly Kennedy forward, especially when he was starting to put together a strong body of work and build some consistency into his game.

I think we've definitely got a nucleus of a strong midfield however as previous posters have pointed out coaching and development has been a severe impediment.

The area I think we've really been found lacking in over the past decade are good half forwards and small forwards. Having talent in these positions can really ignite and team and significantly improve ball movement.

Carlton has a HUGE issue being comfortable in 'leaving' it up to others.

Interesting that not even one of the reputed best in the business can get the players right. Maybe we're drafting talent without robustness.
not sure how you'd due diligence robustness............

Oscar got a contract for next year, anyone know?

Wouldn't be surprised if they wait and see on who other clubs let go before we recommit if not.
I really hope we're not so risk averse as to sign him again.

And yet you clicked on it

You are their target audience

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Did anyone listen to Leigh Matthew’s on 3aw tonight? His considered comments about Cripps were concerning. He thinks that Cripps has lost a lot in the last two years and that he is no longer a champion. I’ve always found Mathews to be virtually spot on when talking about anything football related.

Did anyone listen to Leigh Matthew’s on 3aw tonight? His considered comments about Cripps were concerning. He thinks that Cripps has lost a lot in the last two years and that he is no longer a champion. I’ve always found Mathews to be virtually spot on when talking about anything football related.
Yeah, he usually speaks in a measured manner. It would be hard to argue this point. The odd good game here and there but nothing exceptional, injuries or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hope we're not so risk averse as to sign McDonald again.

McDonald performed much better than I expected (in the little we saw of him).

He'd be better than any/most/all of the backup tall options out there. Considerably better than what we've seen from Casboult this year.

I've always been one to argue the last list spots shouldn't be wasted on short-term band-aid solutions. But if fit, McDonald makes a lot of sense for our list and KPP availability. And he isn't that old.

McDonald performed much better than I expected (in the little we saw of him).

He'd be better than any/most/all of the backup tall options out there. Considerably better than what we've seen from Casboult this year.

I've always been one to argue the last list spots shouldn't be wasted on short-term band-aid solutions. But if fit, McDonald makes a lot of sense for our list and KPP availability. And he isn't that old.
Agree I liked the little I saw of OMD, was uncertain at first too, but liked what I saw a serviceable & versatile tall 1.96 meter & 100kg hopefully he gets over his injury problems.

Funny this because the week before we were being lauded for our midfield beating the pies' more experienced midfield! There was no mention of a lack of depth and we played WITHOUT Cripps that day!

We'll have to disagree, SOS has never left a club without there being some level of angst involved, he's not an easy person to get along with. Once again, not a criticism, just how he is.
Remember (forget game this year) where Jack kicks a goal, jo and sos are at ground, and jo is like come on smile and kind of pokes him 😂
Maybe sos does need to drink. Might be a happier person occasionally 😛

This is shock news to you? You haven't watched the last 2 seasons? He is not even close to the player he was and we just gave him 6 years ......said it at the time that is way too long.

Odds of him being a very good player in 4 years, let alone 6 years are fanciful. I've got serious doubts he'll ever get back to his best or even close.

This is shock news to you? You haven't watched the last 2 seasons? He is not even close to the player he was and we just gave him 6 years ......said it at the time that is way too long.

Odds of him being a very good player in 4 years, let alone 6 years are fanciful. I've got serious doubts he'll ever get back to his best or even close.

Might not even make 6 years. He held the club over a barrel and carlton folded which is extremely disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back