Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caro has been spot on re Clarkson so far. Hope she has got this one wrong.
people need to differentiate between caro tossing an idea around and stating this is how it is/is going to be..........true dinks........

Hmmm i wonder who Caro's source has been in this story to allow her to be so accurate and so spot on about Clarko and Hawthorn??? If she is that confident he won't coach Collingwood next year then I think you can take it almost as a fact.

Hmmm i wonder who Caro's source has been in this story to allow her to be so accurate and so spot on about Clarko and Hawthorn??? If she is that confident he won't coach Collingwood next year then I think you can take it almost as a fact.
So..... Unless one of the ITK, refutes this, there is no leak from within the club. or Caro is B70 :oops:

finey in his sad little passive aggressive take on it suggests it had to be jeff.............

finey in his sad little passive aggressive take on it suggests it had to be jeff.............

From what I have heard, Caro's source on this has been Clarko himself either directly or through James Henderson (his manager). I then watch FC tonight and see how vehemently and passionately she stood up for Clarko and I think maybe that info is spot on.

From what I have heard, Caro's source on this has been Clarko himself either directly or through James Henderson (his manager). I then watch FC tonight and see how vehemently and passionately she stood up for Clarko and I think maybe that info is spot on.

Is that good to hear given where she thought he'd end up?

Caro and Hutch both reckon Clarko won't leave Melbourne if he's going to coach again next year.

Caro went on to say that he'd go to Carlton.

Lloyd then threw the Pies up as another option.

Caro also said she'd bet $1000 he wouldn't go to Collingwood.
It was mentioned Clarke has a child doing vce next year hence the not leaving melb. Theory.

Caro and Hutch both reckon Clarko won't leave Melbourne if he's going to coach again next year.

INB4 Clarko wants to prove Caro wrong and coaches Collingwood next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giddyup Caro!

She wasn't "tossing an idea around" when she said he'd go to Carlton, she gave an opinion. If he's coaching next year, it'll be in Melbourne and it'll be at Carlton.

Yes so it’s plausible if he’s coaching he will stay local and his best option would be at Carlton

It’s also plausible he takes up a Director of Coaching or other role at Gold Coast and call it in for 2022 so he can stick around family
in Melbourne and then if need be move to Gold Coast as head coach for 2023 season. That gives him a less stressful 2022 and make some cash on the side and be ready to sign a huge deal with GCS for like 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes so it’s plausible if he’s coaching he will stay local and his best option would be at Carlton

It’s also plausible he takes up a Director of Coaching or other role at Gold Coast and call it in for 2022 so he can stick around family
in Melbourne and then if need be move to Gold Coast as head coach for 2023 season. That gives him a less stressful 2022 and make some cash on the side and be ready to sign a huge deal with GCS for like 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Plus he will solidify his immortal status with the AFL all time great coaches rank, if he can produce a flag for Carlton.

Caro's exact words were "I just dont believe that he would leave Melbourne next year and if he does coach again next year it would be at Carlton- nowhere else "

What people might be missing is the "if".

Perhaps there is a clause in his payout that restricts him from coaching next year
Allegedly not, however he gets $900k from the Hawks if he doesn't coach.

I'd imagine that if he did coach whatever he received from his new club would come off the hawthorn bill.

Not sure whether he could take a back ended contract and get (say) $500k next year and then $1.2 mill in 2023 & 2024 and still get $400k from hawthorn next year?

I would guess that he would take next year off and assess his future from there. Who knows.

Not a fan of Clarko Andy?

I get that we could end up with another Malthouse situation but imo, that won't be the case with Clarko.

His problem at the Hawks is, his cattle got old. So he tried to top up to have one last crack at it to detrimental effect. Personally, if he'd won 4 premierships with us, I wouldn't mind or blame him for trying to top up for one more.

If he comes to us, he will have fresh cattle and a lot of weapons to work with. I think he'd elevate guys like Stocker, LOB and Dow.

Most importantly, he won't take any s**t. The only downsides I can see are he might lack the hunger and/or his ego might be a bit inflated after his previous success vs a coach who has never won a flag...

I'm curious to see where Clarkson goes from here. The easy answer is as he said, have a year off, but I could also see him thinking that's what he wants but getting an itch in a month or twos time.

Some people aren't great at taking time off and if Clarkson really is still hungry I could easily see a scenario where he has a change of heart on that and takes a job.

Very interesting article on Luc Longley on abc.com.au which deals with his career and being left out of the last dance doco.

Part of it explains how the bulls were treated like rock stars during their threepeat. Luc used to have to use an alias at hotels. The two names he used were Norman Gunston and his hero Bruce Doull.
Who cares? Bunch of overpaid prima donna's.

She wasn't "tossing an idea around" when she said he'd go to Carlton, she gave an opinion. If he's coaching next year, it'll be in Melbourne and it'll be at Carlton.

Caro has said from the very beginning of the year that she thought Carlton were actively looking at Clarkson.. Not sure who her source is within the club (or within the Clarkson camp) but she doesnt say these type of things without there being at least a little fire burning.

Allegedly not, however he gets $900k from the Hawks if he doesn't coach.

I'd imagine that if he did coach whatever he received from his new club would come off the hawthorn bill.

Not sure whether he could take a back ended contract and get (say) $500k next year and then $1.2 mill in 2023 & 2024 and still get $400k from hawthorn next year?

I would guess that he would take next year off and assess his future from there. Who knows.

Pretty sure I heard that this was in fact the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back