The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Show where Jay Clark and two other Herald Sun footy journos (rotating panel) discuss what's happening in the world of AFL for half an hour.

If you think about it, each show is the same just branded differently. Same content discussed.

Didn't they have a show around like 2014 called the four scribes? and it was a bunch of chief football writers just talking around a table

Damn that was s**t

I recall dunstall, king, others yes all standing around a round table and the cameras were situated behind them so youd see the back of a panelist every shot.

The Hun hack journo show (and I've never watched it) I imagine would be half an hour or an hour every week of... 'blah blah, trade, blah blah blah, free agency...blah blah contract...' I would rather remove my fingernails with pliers that watch that.

Far far too much media discussion on speculative, made up, imaginary wishful thinking player trades and free agency these days. Boring as bat****

The Hun hack journo show (and I've never watched it) I imagine would be half an hour or an hour every week of... 'blah blah, trade, blah blah blah, free agency...blah blah contract...' I would rather remove my fingernails with pliers that watch that.

Far far too much media discussion on speculative, made up, imaginary wishful thinking player trades and free agency these days. Boring as bat****
If you haven't watched it, how could you know it's boring as batshit?

And here's me thinking that this sort of thing is half the fun of following football

AFL 360 has gone stale and needs a revamp. Coaches segment is too long, same players all the time. Can hardly make it through an episode anymore. IMO I would replace Robbo with someone else - he just rants too much now.

Can’t stand the bounce - also it’s annoying how they go straight to the bounce after the Sunday game instead of getting a post match like the other games.

AFL 360 has gone stale and needs a revamp. Coaches segment is too long, same players all the time. Can hardly make it through an episode anymore. IMO I would replace Robbo with someone else - he just rants too much now.

Can’t stand the bounce - also it’s annoying how they go straight to the bounce after the Sunday game instead of getting a post match like the other games.
Unwatchable after an Essendon win

AFL 360 has gone stale and needs a revamp.
Totally agree.

Problem for us viewers (and therefore financial contributors), FoxFooty can't even be bothered sending commentators interstate (with the exception of Fremantle).

Why would they spend a moment of their time and a dime of their (our) money on AFL360's format when they can go with the same format every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and know that we won't stop paying for Foxtel/Kayo.

I would love to be paid to produce AFL360 (my former career path). Same format day in day out, week in week out.

Would be so easy..... (hence - cheap which is FoxFooty's modus operandi)

If you haven't watched it, how could you know it's boring as batshit?

Because the Hun (News Corp) hacks and their dribbling over trade and free pollutes newspapers, TV and radio for 365 days a year. It's excessive and seemingly all they talk about these days.

Game ends, straight to bloody bounce, that chick that was on !! Ruby or “rubes” as she was being called. Sorry Rubes, you had me switching to The Matty John’s show, she was shocking.
Catch up with mates at pub yesterday, bounce on replay, “ rubes” !! Yelling at me, haunting me ! heck !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they can go with the same format every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and know that we won't stop paying for Foxtel/Kayo.

I would love to be paid to produce AFL360 (my former career path). Same format day in day out, week in week out.

Would be so easy..... (hence - cheap which is FoxFooty's modus operandi)
Got me thinking, why does nobody seem to mind the format of the nightly news? It's news, sport then weather. 7 days a week, on every network. Never changes. Also it's the same people appearing, every night. Now granted the news doesn't normally offer opinion, but nevertheless the format is always the same.

Game ends, straight to bloody bounce, that chick that was on !! Ruby or “rubes” as she was being called. Sorry Rubes, you had me switching to The Matty John’s show, she was shocking.
Catch up with mates at pub yesterday, bounce on replay, “ rubes” !! Yelling at me, haunting me ! heck !

Omg who was that? How bad was she! How can ex-footballers + Gazey make a show so unfunny? First Crack is very good and should be immediately on after the last game of the round.

First Crack is very good and should be immediately on after the last game of the round.
I'd like that too, but they probably needs that hour while Bounce is on to analyze the last game and see how that fits with the rest of the round. Hell, even then I'm not sure they get enough time to see the coach's pressers from that final game.

Maybe go easy on Rubes (it's her second show or something isn't it.) Things could be a damn sight worse... *I'm a survivor from the Tegan Higginbotham days 🥺
Agreed. While also agreeing she is extremely easy on the eye, she's also learning the media caper in many ways and is doing a pretty good job overall IMO.

So Lynch is the only one that travels interstate?
I'm going to say yes.
Mark Ricciuto is used for SA games, the Perth crew (Scofield/Pavlich/Loughnan) is used for WA games, VIC is one of the locals, and Lynch covers both Qld & NSW. Although to be fair, they did send Brad Johnson and Eddie Betts to Darwin last night, but that's an outlier.

I'm going to say yes.
Mark Ricciuto is used for SA games, the Perth crew (Scofield/Pavlich/Loughnan) is used for WA games, VIC is one of the locals, and Lynch covers both Qld & NSW. Although to be fair, they did send Brad Johnson and Eddie Betts to Darwin last night, but that's an outlier.
Dal Santo goes on the road too. Lynch seems to cover QLD/NSW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back