Prediction The FINALS ahead - how many wins?

What will our finals record be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So due to the stupid MCG contract if we win our QF and meet GWS in the PF we have to play at the MCG and not Skilled, GWS will be a different beast at the G.

Richmond may well beat us given the random of sport but you could not possibly tip them. We beat them three weeks ago and get 4, potentially 5, of our very best players back. Widening the boundary 20 metres doesn't change the big gulf in talent.

It would be a serious choke job if we were lose.

Exactly. They're still a good team, and didn't finish 3rd by accident. But I'm expecting close to a replica of last time. They'll have a crack and push us hard but we should be too good.

Fate is in our own hands. Regardless of opponent or venue - bring it on. Play 3, win 3... job done.
This is where I have hope, we are entirely in control of our destiny with Victorian games against interstate opposition in the final two weeks if we want it. Look at the past three weeks, every single one of them was a must win against difficult opposition. But we played each game like a final, even against Collingwood where we didn't play our best we still were professional enough to grind out a win when the moment arrived. The club has been in September mode since the start of August and look where it has gotten us so far!

Don't underestimate how much the humiliation of last year's preliminary final loss will motivate this side. We were better than that, we ARE better than that! Geelong is a destination club, players flock there given the opportunity, they love what the club stands for, and play in the hoops with pride. It is not just a pay cheque like the Giants, and there is not the overwhelming burden on them like Richmond. There's plenty of spirit in the side, they know what they are capable of. I look at not only the great leadership of Selwood but the fact that after years of carrying the side, the last two years has seen the side build up around him and has seen the great culture of Geelong rise once more to where it was ten years ago.

The whole home and away season is played just to get two cracks at the finals in your state. We have achieved that, while also beating the top side in Victoria where the big dance is played. While anything can happen from now on, simply based on what we have seen so far, there is plenty to be excited about!

There is no logical reason why we can't play good football at MCG, we are a highly skilled, running team.

Take out the Swans loss in Prelim and our record there is not appalling. The Swans stranglehold on us prevails everywhere so not related to ground.

The Essendon loss does not look too bad in retrospect and we were in a deep form funk at the time (Gold Coast beat us the week before).

This is where I have hope, we are entirely in control of our destiny with Victorian games against interstate opposition in the final two weeks if we want it. Look at the past three weeks, every single one of them was a must win against difficult opposition. But we played each game like a final, even against Collingwood where we didn't play our best we still were professional enough to grind out a win when the moment arrived. The club has been in September mode since the start of August and look where it has gotten us so far!

Don't underestimate how much the humiliation of last year's preliminary final loss will motivate this side. We were better than that, we ARE better than that! Geelong is a destination club, players flock there given the opportunity, they love what the club stands for, and play in the hoops with pride. It is not just a pay cheque like the Giants, and there is not the overwhelming burden on them like Richmond. There's plenty of spirit in the side, they know what they are capable of. I look at not only the great leadership of Selwood but the fact that after years of carrying the side, the last two years has seen the side build up around him and has seen the great culture of Geelong rise once more to where it was ten years ago.

The whole home and away season is played just to get two cracks at the finals in your state. We have achieved that, while also beating the top side in Victoria where the big dance is played. While anything can happen from now on, simply based on what we have seen so far, there is plenty to be excited about!
Agree! Recent outings have shown our ball movement, delivery and manic pressure is where it needs to be leading into finals. Bring consistency over 4 quarters and we are right in this.

If we lose to the Tigers we will more than likely be going out in straight sets and that would be pretty disappointing.

Beat the Tigers and anything is possible, avoiding Sydney in a prelim would give me great confidence we may yet again play off in the big one.

If we beat Richmond, the only way we can face Sydney is in a GF.

And for Sydney to get there, they will need to play an away prelim against the winner of Crows/GWS (which I assume will be Adelaide).

Hi guys.
Sorry to intrude, but most of you know I'm a big fan of the Cats. Not sure supporters have a "second side" anymore, but I barrack for you guys every week, unless you're playing the Blues of course...

Anyway, I think on your day, when you play the Geelong way, there isn't a team that can stop you. There's no reason you can't go all the way. It is an odd numbered year too, which definitely helps...

But one thing at a time. Just make sure you demolish those pretenders Richmond and send them back to whatever rock they crawled out from under.

Good luck guys, would love to see you send off a couple of champions with a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond may well beat us given the random of sport but you could not possibly tip them. We beat them three weeks ago and get 4, potentially 5, of our very best players back. Widening the boundary 20 metres doesn't change the big gulf in talent.

It would be a serious choke job if we were lose.
Saints were 94-10 half time a month ago and got rolled by 7 goals yesterday

If you limit your ambitions to what is merely possible then that's your choice. Me I choose something greater.
What you are choosing is simply not applicable, not an option. Anyway, it's fixed

Ch 7 will do the bidding of the AFL
I think it's the other way around, the AFL will do the bidding of Channel 7 so they can keep the money coming in from the media rights. Sydney need to be in the Grand Final because they always boost the NSW tv market, but a Vic side need to be in it for the biggest AFL market to have a huge interest as well.

Hi guys.
Sorry to intrude, but most of you know I'm a big fan of the Cats. Not sure supporters have a "second side" anymore, but I barrack for you guys every week, unless you're playing the Blues of course...

Anyway, I think on your day, when you play the Geelong way, there isn't a team that can stop you. There's no reason you can't go all the way. It is an odd numbered year too, which definitely helps...

But one thing at a time. Just make sure you demolish those pretenders Richmond and send them back to whatever rock they crawled out from under.

Good luck guys, would love to see you send off a couple of champions with a flag.

Awesome post, thanks very much :):thumbsu:

Back