The Finals Series

Remove this Banner Ad

To the inevitable comparisons between us and Richmond lets put into perspective.
We won the same number of games, we finished 7th, Tigers finished 3rd.
We played our first final in WA, Richmond played at the G
We played an experienced Hawthorn at the G, Richmond had the week off
We both played GWS in week 3, we played them away.

Lets wait for the GF result before we analyse the Richmond success.

Strangely the football media are very quiet regarding the influence of the bye this year.

Last edited:
Simply put
Pre finals bye no issue for genuinely good top 4 teams
Our effort in winning 4 finals one of the greatest on history including 2 interstate
We are allowed.1 year to stuff up, 2018 year of the dogs

Im happy for Richmond. Not sure why we need to compare it to our journey.
We, meaning the media , have nfi and will generally just parrot each other. The standard of football media is declining every year. Recruiting f******s like Dalsanto, Cooney etc diminishes the standards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse the intrusion guys...
Just wanted to say a big thank you to your supporters that popped over to the Tiger Forum and gave their best wishes for our win yesterday against the plastics!
Much appreciated...
All the best...:thumbsu:
So rapt for you guys. Enjoy the moment.
Really happy for Hardwick too. One of the genuine good guys.

worst final series ive ever seen.

if the dogs bombed out of the top8 race months ago, id prob argue one of the worst seasons ever ive seen
Two best teams are in the GF.
Average margin in the finals, even with the draw, has been over 50 points, but in the end, just like in 2016, both grand finalists deserve to be there.

This thread has a disappointing number of our fans who actively supported the plastics last night.
You all need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

A normal clubs board would have fans melting everywhere after a second consecutive prelim choke.

But not the plastics.

Absolute graveyard.

Underlines that GWS is supported by a certain 'type'.

Front running, non footy, dispassionate, theatre going campaigners.

A normal clubs board would have fans melting everywhere after a second consecutive prelim choke.

But not the plastics.

Absolute graveyard.

I was reading both the GWS and Richmond boards last night. The fact that posts on the plastic board were half an hour apart says it all.

I was reading both the GWS and Richmond boards last night. The fact that posts on the plastic board were half an hour apart says it all.

Disproportionate amount of GWS 'fans' only post if they win. Pretty pathetic group on the whole.

Started the game hoping GWS would win mainly cos of some flog tigers supporters I work with, but 5min into the game reminded me why I dislike the giants so much. Not any one incident or anything but just everything about them, found myself barracking for the Tigers. They may be unbearable later but good on them now.

This thread has a disappointing number of our fans who actively supported the plastics last night.
You all need to take a good hard look at yourselves.

I'm looking at myself and am quite happy with what I see, except for the weight and aging.

But not the plastics.

Absolute graveyard.

Not that there's anything wrong with a bit of theatre ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back