FTA-TV The Footy Show 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Front Bar is purely designed to present scripted jokes involving footy footage. It could basically have a laugh track in the background that goes off every minute on the minute.

Footy Show is more akin to a Late Night Talk variety show. Has skits (some will work, some won't), interviews, serious news, chats about footy topics. It isn't about churning out gag after gag.

..and that's why its ended up in the basket case situation it finds itself tonight.

Unfunny...crowded egos...over indulgent and self important.

And give it a rest..a late night talk show...doesnt come close to any of the current US late shows now or in the past decade.

..and that's why its ended up in the basket case situation it finds itself tonight.

Unfunny...crowded egos...over indulgent and self important.

And give it a rest..a late night talk show...doesnt come close to any of the current US late shows now or in the past decade.
No the problem was that it quite simply turned to sh1t because it basically became a bunch of blokes just repeating the same boring jokes.

Gaz, JB, Billy, Crawford all should not get near it anymore.

And yes it is trying to position itself as a football variety show, instead of getting celebrities on you have footy players and you actually give them a chance to shine.

Like a variety show they will have some standard skits and segments each week...they are the Front Bar territory.

The appeal being that if done well you can get some unscripted natural laughs, but for that you really need a good host...Eddie can do that.

But already would give Hughes the flick, and they need to find a role for Bec or else give her the flick...Eddie doesn't need a co-host

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trev back and Hughes out

Trev was getting pretty stale before they turfed him and I doubt he's gotten sharper being out of the business for 10 years. I think the best thing to do would be to create a rotating platform for young comedians to roll through. A bit like English panel shows, get favorites that rotate through more often but it'll keep it fresh.

Last edited:
Trev was good. At least he was witty.

You're looking back with rose coloured glasses. Trev's last two years were god awful and barely got a laugh out of the crowd at all whenever he tried to make a joke, I felt real bad for him by the end of it, literal crickets.

You're looking back with rose coloured glasses. Trev's last two years were god awful and barely got a laugh out of the crowd at all whenever he tried to make a joke, I felt real bad for him by the end of it, literal crickets.

Mate I agree. But I would take Trev's last two years over the footy shows last two years. If you added Trev's worst years to the footy shows past couple of years - I could handle that. Have had to tolerate Hutchy the past few months, and before that it was Brayshaw and Billy. FMD. Give me literal crickets over those two.

Unfortunately Eddie's return to the role he was born for pretty much shows up how bog ordinary the rest of them are.

I honestly think Bec cops a bad rap.

She wasnt the best when she first started, but it wouldn't have been the easiest of situations.

I didn't watch much after the first few round this year but I think shes not bad.

she doesn't take herself to seriously and can have a laugh.

The footy show needs a Beau Ryan.
An ex-player who takes the piss out of himself and has funny segments. Dane Swan, get him in there.

Using Bill how they've used him tonight works fine. Piss off Crawford, his 8 year old on red cordial gimmick is far more tiresome than Billy's everyman at the pub act.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back