FTA-TV The Footy Show 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Caught 10 minutes of this the other night

It needs to be closed down immediately. The panel of Swan, who it looks like just doesn’t want to be there, Judd, who thinks he is too clever for the show but isn’t and Fev, back on a show who was a large part in getting him sacked, is just bizarre.

Throw in Eddie trying to be relevant 20 years on and it brings back memories of Fonzie at the end of happy days.

Caught 10 minutes of this the other night

It needs to be closed down immediately. The panel of Swan, who it looks like just doesn’t want to be there, Judd, who thinks he is too clever for the show but isn’t and Fev, back on a show who was a large part in getting him sacked, is just bizarre.

Throw in Eddie trying to be relevant 20 years on and it brings back memories of Fonzie at the end of happy days.
You don't have to watch it you know - just turn the TV off or whatever;)!

I notice McGuire has really tried to bring back the footy nostalgia element with players from yesteryear featuring regularly. Problem is, this is not likely to appeal to younger viewers or even those outside Victoria.

Am I the only one who thought the whole wheel bit with the Ardmona FC president was unnecessary?

If they were going to announce Fev was going to play a game for them, they should have just done a quick interview and announced it at the end, without tacking on the unnecessary game show element.

Newman said this model (Winnie Harlow, who stuffed up her flag waving duties at the Canadian F1 Grand Prix last weekend) looked like she'd been eating an ice-cream because she had white stuff on her face. It turns out she has vitiligo, a skin disorder which affects the production of melanin.

Correct. It's the same disorder that Michael Jackson had.

You can take it to the bank that this season will be the final year of the Footy Show. It won't return in 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brownless with his pointless dig at silk's eyebrows and taking the Mickey out of him why bother?, yeah we get it there thick (if he had any brains he would know it's an aboriginal trait, a lot of them have big features of some sort) let's remind people of the Michelin man because that's who Bill looks like. How about showing the guy a bit of respect FFS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Front Bar easily defeats TFS in Melbourne 191k to 134k; if it can't be competitive in Melbourne then it's done.

That’s a significant gap. Worse than it ever was with Hutchy..

Eddie is no longer bankable..

They ruined a brand when they brought in Bec it should have just been JB the three episodes where it was just JB hosting the show was eating 325- then Bec came on & it rated 360 for one episode and then dropped to low 200’s after that.

Hutchy came in for JB and dropped to mid 100’s now Eddie is back and it is rating low 100’s..

Put a bullet in it, it is absolutely cooked.

Maybe put the Sunday Footy show in its place

Front Bar takes a light hearted look and does it well.

Footy Show takes a 1980's approach to broadcasting - sexist, boofhead presenters. Should be on 9's 4th channel. Will not watch. 3 minutes is unbearable.
Fair point you make, but the FB has Molloy. He is real old school sexist and just general all round total w***er. So you know, maybe it just comes down to preference in the end.

It's always been full of filler but had enough enjoyable funny, edgy moments along with news scoops and high profile guests to keep me on the channel. And it used to be one of the only avenues for afl news entertainment. But with TFB on I'd rather keep it on that. More consistent and funny throughout the whole episode. A positive change on TFS which reflects the times is less sexual innuendo when attractive women are on. That gets stale and cliche fast.

Yeah, when Bec first came to show, I was surprised with the back handed sexist/sexual comments. Id thought even they had moved past that s**t.

excluding Grand Final specials, how many weekly viewers (roughly) did TFS get at its peak? 600k-700k?

At its peak it was the footy show so to speak..there was nothing else and just dominated conversation Friday mornings about ‘what bout TFS last night?!

What killed TFS was self awareness and a set script that became predictable

When it was ad lib was when it was at its peak

Remove this Banner Ad

Back