Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Tony Morwood will finish up in his role at running things in Melbourne after 15 years. Hard to replace.

Sad to hear that. TM is a great of our Club, both as a player and as a worker.

Tony Morwood will finish up in his role at running things in Melbourne after 15 years. Hard to replace.
Whoa. Huge shoes to fill!

Always come over to SA for the Adelaide games too... Did the prematch etc.

Just an absolute champ & asset to the club. Do you know if he still has an official role with us after?

Whoa. Huge shoes to fill!

Always come over to SA for the Adelaide games too... Did the prematch etc.

Just an absolute champ & asset to the club. Do you know if he still has an official role with us after?
At last nights function it was mentioned he has taken on a managerial role with a construction company. While they said he would stay close to the club, I dare say he will not have to time for an official role.

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers

The Gong

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
How the **** did St Kilda not know how bad his injuries were? Crikey moses

It sounds like a bit of PR spin from Richo but if you read the article he states St Kilda were aware he came with an injury cloud but it's just turned out to be worse than they thought. Sounds like a bit of a jab at Sydney too for playing him injured. He says that Hanners will be around for a long time so they can be patient and get him right but this could be chronic and he's a fair chunk of your salary cap to be warming a seat in the stands.

ROFL@TAINTED.

Like everyone here, I greatly admired Hanners. Blind Freddie the Bull Tosser could see he played injured for the past two years.

I think our Club did him a disservice.

We ripped the Tainted off, but I remember Foschini and Paul Morwood. No sympathy.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It sounds like a bit of PR spin from Richo but if you read the article he states St Kilda were aware he came with an injury cloud but it's just turned out to be worse than they thought. Sounds like a bit of a jab at Sydney too for playing him injured. He says that Hanners will be around for a long time so they can be patient and get him right but this could be chronic and he's a fair chunk of your salary cap to be warming a seat in the stands.
Why would he have a jab at the Swans? How we treat our players is nobody’s business but ours. If another club then wants to take them it’s very much a case of ‘buyer beware’.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
ROFL@TAINTED.

Like everyone here, I greatly admired Hanners. Blind Freddie the Bull Tosser could see he played injured for the past two years.

I think our Club did him a disservice.

We ripped the Tainted off, but I remember Foschini and Paul Morwood. No sympathy.
We gave them Dan plus pick 28 and received pick 39 and St Kilda's 2019 second-round pick in return. Hardly ripped them off if they valued him so highly they gave him a five year contract.

We gave them Dan plus pick 28 and received pick 39 and St Kilda's 2019 second-round pick in return. Hardly ripped them off if they valued him so highly they gave him a five year contract.

Not the picks, but the offloading of salary. The poor bloke was cooked and we were faced with carrying him on the list.

MF

Good Poster, s**t Bloke
Sep 10, 2006
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Why would he have a jab at the Swans? How we treat our players is nobody’s business but ours. If another club then wants to take them it’s very much a case of ‘buyer beware’.
Exactly. It's not like the thrashing we gave his body wasn't there to see.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Not the picks, but the offloading of salary. The poor bloke was cooked and we were faced with carrying him on the list.
Thanks for the clarification, mate. However, on balance I still wouldn’t characterise it as us ripping the Saints off. Even if the Saints did inherit a substantial salary obligation it was their choice to do so and they would have, or certainly should have, done so with their eyes wide open regarding the risks in doing that.

Over 10 seasons he’s played 208 games. Fastest swan to 200 games and 4th fastest in the afl. Let’s be clear he doesn’t have a history of soft tissue injuries

Osteitis pubis?

Back