The Game with the Loudest Crowd you went to.

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't hear the siren at the end of the game. Not sure if it's because it was the loudest game, because the people around me were specifically going nuts or because I'm getting older and losing my hearing.
Yeah, I think you're losing your hearing. The Bulldogs all heard it- just that it was the half-time siren, and they must have thought it was the end of the match.

I don't hear the siren either. From the second quarter onwards the incessant noise was like an instrument of torture. Definitely the loudest crowd I've ever heard at the footy. And you should have heard it when the game was on.

I know this is a footy thread, but NBL games at the Snake Pit back in the day were legendary. I remember one night when the Hawks came back from behind against Tassie to level the scores on the buzzer. Imagine 5000 people packed in to a tin shed all yelling "Illawarra" in unison while thumping the floor boards beneath their seats! I think my mother vowed never to go back after that.

Sigh...

To encourage fans to get to the footy they should have a supporter noise off prior to the first bounce. Loudest team gets a goal on the board to start off the match.
Back in the old days at Footy Park they would try to get the Crows fans pumped up by showing the crowd noise on the big screen and each week the fans would oblige and try to blow it up.

Still the loudest game I've been to was the 09 ANZAC Day game, could not hear the siren at all.

Another two moments that stand out to me are from the 2019 preliminary final Collingwood vs GWS... obviously very one-sided crowded

1. Josh Thomas' second last quarter goal to bring the Pies within 6 points
2. Possibly a little louder, Chris Mayne's contested mark inside 50 a couple of minutes later. His kick was touched on the line.

Going back to 1980 prelim Geelong v Collingwood.

Was a 10 yo and it was the first time I heard the Collingwood chant - that was seriously intimidating - was so so loud. Admittedly things like that are amplified when you're just 10 years old.

Also went to the 2019 QF between the same sides, that was probably just as loud but not so intimidating.

Also remember a packed Marvel between the saints and tigers back in 2016 I think - every time the saints goaled (their home game) the big screen would instruct the crowd 'make some noise!' and boy they did! Not as loud as the other two but still Marvel with the roof closed and those fans obeying making noise was pretty good.

Several of the old state of origin matches vs Victoria at football park were some of the loudest games I've been to. That place would get totally packed out. I miss those games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back