Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

This women's gold medal fight they're showing on 7 is an absolute insult to boxing. Two girls running around the ring with their hands at their waist.
I didn't see it so can't comment but it's seems to be the norm with amateur boxers.

^
if they're fighting nothing wrong with it. If they're running around the ring though.......different story.

Khan makes an emphatic return:

Khan is emphatic until he takes on a dangerous fighter. God only knows how he got through a fight with Maidana without getting KO'd. At this point I don't believe Amir Khan is a contender at welter. We look at the welters going around (and welter is where he will fight at because he has stated that he will only fight Brook at 147). So lets look at the current welters - mainly Spence, Porter and Garcia. Garcia has already knocked Khan out, Porter is all wrong for Khan and would be heavily favored to win by stoppage, and Spence would be favored to win by early stoppage. I listen to Khan's recent comment (under a new trainer) about him looking forward to fighting on the inside. It makes me think he is trolling. I think Amir Khan's greatness ends at hand speed. Outside of that he is just a KO waiting to happen.

Khan is emphatic until he takes on a dangerous fighter. God only knows how he got through a fight with Maidana without getting KO'd. At this point I don't believe Amir Khan is a contender at welter. We look at the welters going around (and welter is where he will fight at because he has stated that he will only fight Brook at 147). So lets look at the current welters - mainly Spence, Porter and Garcia. Garcia has already knocked Khan out, Porter is all wrong for Khan and would be heavily favored to win by stoppage, and Spence would be favored to win by early stoppage. I listen to Khan's recent comment (under a new trainer) about him looking forward to fighting on the inside. It makes me think he is trolling. I think Amir Khan's greatness ends at hand speed. Outside of that he is just a KO waiting to happen.
Good post.

I believe Khan is s**t.

He must challenge GGG otherwise he looks like a utensil/rooster.

Khan should fight this guy.

LEGEND OF THE FISTS.jpg

don fan wins by saliva in the eye tko round 11.

Khans a bum.

didn't know Bruce Arena liked AFL. He's sitting right next to him. Not surprising seeing as though the USA national team sacked him from his coaching duties. Switched over to the real code.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m really keen for Loma vs Tank Davis.

Thats a good fight. I'd favor Lomachenko by stoppage. Not a clean KO but stoppage due to punishment. The Linares fight is more intersting IMO because Linares holds many advantages (reach and weight) over Lomachenko. That fight takes place a weight division above where Lomachenko has been campaigning. I suspect the only thing to beat Lomachenko will eventually be weight (which beat him when Salido help a 20lb advantage over Lomachenko in the past).

I suspect the only thing to beat Lomachenko will eventually be weight (which beat him when Salido help a 20lb advantage over Lomachenko in the past).
Don't forget all those low blows.

Don't forget all those low blows.
Yeah plus Loma came up weight for that and IIRC it was his 2nd pro fight as a title shot.

Can’t begrudge him for losing that but he learned from it and is probably the best technical boxer in the world now.

I mean hasn’t he made his last 3 opponents quit because they just can’t hit him?

Guy is on another level man.

ryan garcia is in cobra kai aka karate kid remake

He is definitely his own person. There is no stage managing the kid. Garcia isn't lacking in confidence - that's for sure. He has sparred some of the very best fighters in the world, and apparently handled himself well. He wants all the big fights right now. He is the opposite to most young fighters in that he is better off being held back - instead of trying to rush big fights. We saw what happened with Erickson Lubin when he stepped into the Lion's cage too early.

He is definitely his own person. There is no stage managing the kid. Garcia isn't lacking in confidence - that's for sure. He has sparred some of the very best fighters in the world, and apparently handled himself well. He wants all the big fights right now. He is the opposite to most young fighters in that he is better off being held back - instead of trying to rush big fights. We saw what happened with Erickson Lubin when he stepped into the Lion's cage too early.
I love him. Joking about the Kobra Kai thing just a smaller version lookalike of him in it haha.

I love Garcia's confidence. He's a funny campaigner. Love the cheesy Hollywood acting when he's doing the cobra { hehe funnily enough } He did it to perfection. Not just the bag!

I love him. Joking about the Kobra Kai thing just a smaller version lookalike of him in it haha.

I love Garcia's confidence. He's a funny campaigner. Love the cheesy Hollywood acting when he's doing the cobra { hehe funnily enough } He did it to perfection. Not just the bag!

So long as they can back it up then fair play to them. Pursuing a fight with Tank Davis could end badly for him though. If he keeps pursuing it you just know Mayweather would love to ruin Oscar's golden child. That fight will happen fast if Garcia doesn't keep himself in check, but judging by those around him they don't seem bothered. Interesting times because like I said, we seen this with Erickson Lubin (talking the big talk against Charlo). It rarely comes off. Hopefully the Garcia crew are listening to veterans like Santa Cruz (who has sparred Garcia), and maintains that he has a future but needs experience.

So long as they can back it up then fair play to them. Pursuing a fight with Tank Davis could end badly for him though. If he keeps pursuing it you just know Mayweather would love to ruin Oscar's golden child. That fight will happen fast if Garcia doesn't keep himself in check, but judging by those around him they don't seem bothered. Interesting times because like I said, we seen this with Erickson Lubin (talking the big talk against Charlo). It rarely comes off. Hopefully the Garcia crew are listening to veterans like Santa Cruz (who has sparred Garcia), and maintains that he has a future but needs experience.

Good post. You're a massive boxing fan with good knowledge, it's pretty evident. Good stuff!

How long you been following it for and have you did any?

Good post. You're a massive boxing fan with good knowledge, it's pretty evident. Good stuff!

How long you been following it for and have you did any?

I trained in Muay Thai growing up but nothing intensive, just mainly basics. I don't have an extensive martial arts background, I have just taken a keen interest in boxing over the years (probably since 2004), but mainly after the Mayweather vs Hatton fight in 2007. I like all sports but have became a bit disillusioned with many over the years due to politics. Boxing has its politics with often dodgy judging and shifty boxing organisations, but its largely a pure sport (in terms of boxers getting their chance if they are good enough). There is something about boxing and horse racing for me. I love tracking both (horses and boxers) through the ranks and speculating on their potential. Both started as hobbies but become obsessions. Do you follow boxing closely?

I trained in Muay Thai growing up but nothing intensive, just mainly basics. I don't have an extensive martial arts background, I have just taken a keen interest in boxing over the years (probably since 2004), but mainly after the Mayweather vs Hatton fight in 2007. I like all sports but have became a bit disillusioned with many over the years due to politics. Boxing has its politics with often dodgy judging and shifty boxing organisations, but its largely a pure sport (in terms of boxers getting their chance if they are good enough). There is something about boxing and horse racing for me. I love tracking both (horses and boxers) through the ranks and speculating on their potential. Both started as hobbies but become obsessions. Do you follow boxing closely?
Nice. I can relate to a lot of that.

I have to admit I don't follow boxing as closely as you do, and certainly not like I used to. I still know a little as to what's going on, and used to know quite a lot before as in the good fighters, the big fights, history, some contenders etc. But as I've gotten older I've drifted away from it. I still watch the big fights however but yeah, I'm more footy mad than other sports.

Nice. I can relate to a lot of that.

I have to admit I don't follow boxing as closely as you do, and certainly not like I used to. I still know a little as to what's going on, and used to know quite a lot before as in the good fighters, the big fights, history, some contenders etc. But as I've gotten older I've drifted away from it. I still watch the big fights however but yeah, I'm more footy mad than other sports.

What do you think of Kostya Tszyu's young bloke calling out Mundine today?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back