Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats next, Nelson vs Fenech IV

**** OFF AUSSIE BOXING
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lester Ellis put his hand up to fight McGregor at this rate. :$

Sigh...

Looks like Fox Sports won't be showing the final of the Cruiserweight WBSS... Really don't want it to be PPV.

Pacquiao's first KO since 2009. Really good performance from the Pacman. Didn't lose a round and scored three knockdowns.

I'm a Pac fan and it was a good job by the Pacman but I thought Matthysse looked terrible, glad I got to watch him again but I think his days getting wins against young lions are over.

Farm boy what do you know about a young up and comer Aussie lad on the boxing scene. Heavily tattooed, ultra aggressive and has fought overseas in America. I think he's indigenous and has a neck tattoo. I like his style hits with bad intentions.

edit * He's not that young, but not old either.

Usyck dancing & pushing the action in the WBSS cruiser final but just seems to lack the power to put Gassiev away.

Great performance by Usyk. Really great display of boxing. Really poor by Gassiev though. Was really not willing enough to take any risks.

Two huge fights tomorrow.

Parker vs Whyte will be huge to determine the number three guy in the division. Whyte coming in at 258.5 lbs makes me think he's going to go for a knockout. Not sure that's the right move tbh. Parker by UD.

Also, Mikey Garcia vs Easter will be huge as well. A title unification, and if Mikey wins it could set up a spicy bout against Spence

Farm boy what do you know about a young up and comer Aussie lad on the boxing scene. Heavily tattooed, ultra aggressive and has fought overseas in America. I think he's indigenous and has a neck tattoo. I like his style hits with bad intentions.

edit * He's not that young, but not old either.
Nathaniel May?

Two huge fights tomorrow.

Parker vs Whyte will be huge to determine the number three guy in the division. Whyte coming in at 258.5 lbs makes me think he's going to go for a knockout. Not sure that's the right move tbh. Parker by UD.

Also, Mikey Garcia vs Easter will be huge as well. A title unification, and if Mikey wins it could set up a spicy bout against Spence

Garcia fight was cool I didn't even know it was on until I changed the channel half time of the Roos-Eagles game. I saw the last 5 rounds and Garcia schooled him in those rounds apart from a 30 second period when they were trading.

I thought Whyte would win tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garcia fight was cool I didn't even know it was on until I changed the channel half time of the Roos-Eagles game. I saw the last 5 rounds and Garcia schooled him in those rounds apart from a 30 second period when they were trading.

I thought Whyte would win tbh.
Easter started off quickly, working Mikey away with the jab. But Mikey really started to close off the ring past the fourth round. Mikey ended up winning easily. Here's hoping he fights Spence next.

Also, that Whyte fight was interesting. Whyte knocked Parker down with the old Holyfield style headbutt. Really messed Parker up, who was most likely concussed from the headbutt. That last round though. Absolutely thrilling.

So Fury and Wilder trying to set up for December.

I doubt Tyson has enough time to be ring/match ready by then.

So Fury and Wilder trying to set up for December.

I doubt Tyson has enough time to be ring/match ready by then.
Yeah not sure about it either. I get the feeling that Wilder is just using this so scare Hearn into giving him a fair paycut if he fights AJ. None of this flat-fee bullshit.

I feel like Fury would want to help Wilder get a better paycut since Fury absolutely hates AJ.

Also, so of you may not know, Australian Billy Dib is fighting for the IBF super featherweight world title on Friday night. It's not on PPV which is great. Hoping our Aussie can take win this and move on to bigger fights such as a bout with Tank Davis.

Fox Sports 503. Card kicks off at 7:30PM EST

Gervonta is definitely one guy I would not like to fight. Unless I was Lomachenko of course..
Don't think Tank has really been tested yet. I don't rate him yet tbh. Wouldn't mind seeing him fight Belchert. Although I can't see Floyd risking him this early in his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back