The Greens

Remove this Banner Ad

very normal one from Pauline moving to censure Lidia, I mean ON only had an actual former Hells Angel as a candidate, so I guess this is a rival gang payback type thing

For others. That's how woke people put it.
again the definition of woke isn't considerate of others

it is literally alert to racism and prejudice

which I'm pretty sure Lidia is given she cops both every single damn day

so did you just not understand the word you were using or were you trolling?

It's being awake to injustice according to the dictionary definition. Seems hard to reconcile with criminality.
wait to you hear about the prison industrial complex and how poverty forces people into illegal activities........

but yes I see you cropped out my question around not understanding the word so I'm going with trolling

bye

I mean, beyond the bounds of potential corruption - as with Gladys Berejiklian - I don't see why it's my business who she dates.
There's been plenty of critique over ScoMo's association with Brian Houston and QAnon, and rightly so. Who our pollies associate themselves with is a reflection of their values and character, and it's entirely reasonable to put Lidia Thorpe under the blowtorch for the same reason.

There's been plenty of critique over ScoMo's association with Brian Houston and QAnon, and rightly so. Who our pollies associate themselves with is a reflection of their values and character, and it's entirely reasonable to put Lidia Thorpe under the blowtorch for the same reason.
I'm not a person who has criticized Morrison over his association with anyone. I genuinely don't care who he hangs around with, what he does when he's not actively an MP in our parliament or the PM; I care what he does with the power and position of government.

Because that's the important part.

Now, if Thorpe's one time boyfriend is found to be a security threat by non-partisan people whose job it is to make that call - as opposed to Peter Dutton - then that's fine. That's government functioning properly.

But until that happens, I genuinely do not care who Lidia Thorpe dates.

I'm not a person who has criticized Morrison over his association with anyone. I genuinely don't care who he hangs around with, what he does when he's not actively an MP in our parliament or the PM; I care what he does with the power and position of government.

Now, if Thorpe's one time boyfriend is found to be a security threat by non-partisan people whose job it is to make that call - as opposed to Peter Dutton - then that's fine. That's government functioning properly.

That's your prerogative to do so, and one I respect for the consistency. Others aren't equally consistent.

My stance differs. Politicians choose public life and all that entails, including judgement over who they choose to associate with, and heavy scrutiny over their public words and actions.

Of all the people I could possibly have sympathy for, Lidia is well down the list. She's no victim here.

I have criticised scomos associations though, and am concerned he bent the rules (eg covid restrictions) to allow some of his mega church friends to assemble. Your standard of not caring is not necessarily where the public is.

I have criticised scomos associations though, and am concerned he bent the rules (eg covid restrictions) to allow some of his mega church friends to assemble. Your standard of not caring is not necessarily where the public is.
I accept that, to an extent, I'm old fashioned when it comes to matters of privacy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the woke position on bikie gangs is "not prejudging their life choices without knowing their background of trauma blah blah make allowances for others blah blah"

Drugs, import & distribution.

Ffz_vbwaUAE5Ap1

This is showing good conduct and integrity.
Not something which we see historically from politicians
Hopefully this is the example we reference against moving forward.
As I said a few pages back, of a piece with Larissa Waters and Scott Ludlam resigning without demur, the instant their dual citizenship status was discovered.

Compare and contrast with the LibLab politicians (who had mocked Waters and Ludlam mercilessly!) kicking and screaming when their own dual citizenships were revealed.

Political strategist Glenn Druery has offered to help Labor win seats in Victoria's November 26 election for a fee of $55,000 each.

Druery offers to help the party win seats for a fee of $55,000 each. He also spruiks his credentials including a 2018 CFMMEU deal that saw Labor put minor parties ahead of the Greens, resulting in the loss of four Greens seats, as Guardian Australia reports.

very normal one from Pauline moving to censure Lidia, I mean ON only had an actual former Hells Angel as a candidate, so I guess this is a rival gang payback type thing

Its not as if Mr Bandt could ignore the AFP:
'She (Thorpe) did not disclose that relationship to her party leader, despite warnings from her staff to do so.

Mr Bandt stripped Senator Thorpe of her leadership position in the party and committed to meeting with the AFP over the matter, which his office has confirmed he has since done, though he could not disclose the contents of that briefing.

The law enforcement committee sent a detailed response to the senate privileges committee about a week ago on its own inquiries.
The ABC has been told the committee noted Senator Thorpe's failure to declare a conflict of interest and detailed the hearings attended by the Victorian senator, including with the AFP and the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission.'

'A cultural review of Senator Thorpe's office by the Finance Department has been underway after a formal complaint was made to the Greens in June this year.
In it, a former staffer to Senator Thorpe complained that they believed there was a breach of workplace health and safety in the senator's office.'

Policy push by Greens for compulsory voting in federal elections for 16 and 17 year olds "though we won't put fines on them"
So how TF is that compulsory
Call it an optional voting system (which is more likely to get support anyway)

Policy push by Greens for compulsory voting in federal elections for 16 and 17 year olds "though we won't put fines on them"
So how TF is that compulsory
Call it an optional voting system (which is more likely to get support anyway)

Yeah, it's either 16\17 and a fine for not voting or no change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back