Prediction The guess how many senior games Brander will play in 2020 megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
I am going to say 4-5

I think the kid has a lot of potential, but until he starts really grabbing WAFL games by the scruff of the neck and showing more, I believe he will still spend most of time at the Beagles next season.

Flashes in and out and shows a bit, but never quite dominates (and he should be at WAFL level). Kinda reminds me of Ah Chee in that respect

Make your prediction

Should be two avenues into the team for Brander

1) Masten's wing spot, played in the wing in the WAFL and could play a Blicavs role for us
2) Giving Kennedy more of a rest in 2020 in what's probably going to be his final year.

More than happy to give him a batch of 5-8 games to start the year on Masto's wing. Let him have a good run at it, with some home games thrown into the mix to spice things up.

Hasn't had a real breakout game in the WAFL yet, it can happen quickly though and I hope it does for him. No key forward spot for him though in 2020 unless injuries hit.
May even be on Geelongs list in a weeks time??? Who knows.

How many games are we going to lose? Somewhere between 1 and that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Masto retired, he'll come in for a few games, but with our recent selection strategy, not getting my hopes seeing he's not a small forward or a medium defender. I'd say 6-7 games would be a good start.

As long as he has a solid preseason after his hammie at the end of the year, I think he will end up having a good run with about 15 games

I think the side is gonna change a little next year and show some more flexibility, rather than just you play your role.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see more of our forwards play midfield time, I can see both Brander and Waterman playing as a tall wingman, as well as Cripps running through the guts.

Conversely I can see our mids having more time in the forward line. TK (assuming he gets traded) and Shuey. Yeo could play forward as well, but I think that would push too many of our inside mids forward, making Gaff play inside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back