The Jumper Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Be weird if it was Caltex. Isn't Caltex rebranding to Ampol?

Yes, Chevron gave notice to Caltex Australia Limited to terminate usage of the Caltex brand in December 2019. Since then, the company has reverted back to the Ampol name with it's Amflify range of fuel.

Ironically, Chevron bought Puma Energy's Australian operations in 2020 and has been rebranding the fuel at Puma Energy back to Caltex.

I asked at the team store today. Unfortunately we’re definitely getting a collar sponsor, just haven’t finalised who yet. But I guess that’s not really news.

I am a bit disappointed in our club. It just seems really money hungry to me. I can handle the jumper manufacturer logo on the collar but to sell the space between the wings to the highest bidder just doesn’t sit right with me.

For once I wish our club would value tradition before money.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
I asked at the team store today. Unfortunately we’re definitely getting a collar sponsor, just haven’t finalised who yet. But I guess that’s not really news.

I am a bit disappointed in our club. It just seems really money hungry to me. I can handle the jumper manufacturer logo on the collar but to sell the space between the wings to the highest bidder just doesn’t sit right with me.

Being that Belgravia Sports makes the jumpers on behalf of NB I wonder if NB themselves have said to all the clubs that their logo won’t be there. So it’s either get a sponsor or have it look like a Kmart jumper.

You can see how s**t the gap is, will look even worse with a shitty sponsor there.

Always felt embarrassed for Stkilda with theirs.

This club is ****ed sometimes...we don't even need that money...have some class ffs

You can see how s**t the gap is, will look even worse with a shitty sponsor there.

Always felt embarrassed for Stkilda with theirs.

This club is ****ed sometimes...we don't even need that money...have some class ffs

The staff member in the team store was pretty friendly until I said that, though I generally buy a jumper a year (except for Castore) I'm don't think I'd be keen on buying a jumper with a sponsor logo on the collar unless it was the jumper manufacturer. She walked off looking unimpressed. It might have been because of my "It's not like we need the money" remark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doubt it. They make donit for the SANFL sides too but the sanfl side carry nb

Some of you are really wound up about this.

If it’s a small, single colour logo it makes * all difference to have the manufacturer there.

Nobody beyond those obsessing over the smallest details of the jumper will even notice.

What fantasy land are we living in where the neck sponsor logo will be single colour?!

Anything that isn’t an apparel manufacturer is shithouse and money-grubbing for one of the richest clubs in the comp.
I wrote them an email today... Marketing people say that they take notice of emails...

"Good morning,

I have been told that West Coast are considering an advertising logo to display at the collar of our new jumpers. Please excuse me if this information is incorrect but I must implore you NOT to engage a collar sponsor other than the New Balance apparel logo.

Engaging a collar sponsor other than the apparel manufacture shows no pride in the jumper but sees it as an economic opportunity. Put simply, it is a weak, money grabbing exercise. We endured it when you cut off the end of the wings with the SGIO logo a few years ago - at least that was at the back of the jumper and we didn’t have to see it when we looked in the mirror. The front wings are sacrosanct - at least they should be. Please do not soil that space. It disrespects the wings. It disrespects our heritage. I could understand a club in financial difficulty doing it as a last resort, but we don’t need to.

Some people may consider it a small detail, but it is an important one. Don’t sell out and be cheap. We should be better than that."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back