Streaming The Last of Us (HBO)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Feels like the writers must be fans of the game to be this identical to the source material. Or if they aren't, they are humble enough not to try to deviate.

Writers of Witcher and Halo could take note and learn a thing or two..
writers are neil druckmann, the same guy who wrote the game, and craig mazin, a huge fan who also wrote Chernobyl, so yeah, it's fair to say they know what they're doing

just finished the first ep and it was ******* great. had me emotional just to see something i love so much showed in a different but familiar way.

the only downside for me was that i didn't realise i had the wrong brightness setting on my TV until after THAT scene, so it made the opening 30m seem a bit too clean and colourful and so it lost a bit of the impact. but that's obviously on me

watchin' 4K, never played the game so can't comment if it's faithful to the game or not...prolly the only meh thing for me is...what...more zombies ?
but haven't turned it off yet so i guess it's watchable. got my old crush, Anna Torv so might stick with it

It's nearly like for like, Which means we're gunna get some scenes soon. They've just headed out of the safety zone. Expect some infected and insane humans. The game is full of infected, something they can't really do in the show. Need to focus on the story more rather than nail batting granny zombies in the head.

Compelling opener, that hits all the right notes from the game, yet probably the least indicative of what the tone of the series will be moving forward.

Sarah was a brilliant POV character to give us first up. Almost too good.

Elevated Walking Dead is the bare minimum here. The highs of Station Eleven should be more in line with what it's aiming for. Knowing what's to come, and the back of the first ep...they should get there.

Never payed the game before so no idea of the plot, but good first ep.

It definitely feels like you're watching a video game with those car sequences though, haven't decided if that's good or not.

Last edited:
That was ******* sensational. True to game story with added depth. Casting - nailed

Can’t wait for next ep - clickers and other assorted goodies are inbound

Soooo good

Oh you weren’t?

I thought she was bang on myself
I think she would have been good 5 years ago, but she's looks too old now, seems weird that Joel is getting paternal over a 18 year old that doesn't even look like his daughter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels like the writers must be fans of the game to be this identical to the source material. Or if they aren't, they are humble enough not to try to deviate.

Writers of Witcher and Halo could take note and learn a thing or two..
The writer is literally the same writer as the game Neil Druckmann

Never payed the game before so no idea of the plot, but good first ep.

It definitely feels like you're watching a video game with those car sequences though, haven't decided if that's good or not.
I thought the car scenes really encapsulated the kind of claustrophobia in trying to escape that situation.

I thought the car scenes really encapsulated the kind of claustrophobia in trying to escape that situation.

Me too, it was good, I'm just undecided on if I'll still enjoy that almost video game style if they keep doing it after a few eps.

The first 30 minutes were fantastic. Really reminded me of the first few eps of Fear the Walking Dead. I’m really fascinated at how people and the general population would react to a scenario such as a zombie like outbreak. How quickly everything and everyone would break down into chaos.

Also, the reveal when Joel threw the dead boy into the fire….

The first 30 minutes were fantastic. Really reminded me of the first few eps of Fear the Walking Dead. I’m really fascinated at how people and the general population would react to a scenario such as a zombie like outbreak. How quickly everything and everyone would break down into chaos.

I would let myself get turned into a Zombie and then eat my neighbours face off.

tbh, saw that coming a mile away when she said you're safe now, after some food we'll give you all the toys you want to play with...yeah...nah...too obvious lady.

It was well done but if im going to be nit-picky, Pascal doesn't totally feel like Joel to me. Joel is a little more stoic and less friendly in the interactions he has pre and post apocalypse, its like too much of Pascals own kindness is coming through at times.

Bella Ramsey does feel like Ellie to me.

The girl that played Sara was great.

I actually loved the opening with John Hannah and Christopher Heyerdahl. It was a excellent way to introduce the Cordyceps fungus. Which is a real thing btw as described in that scene.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back