PS4 The Last of Us Part II - PS5 Remaster coming Jan 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I just platinumed this today. Only started playing a week or so ago and have managed to avoid any spoilers.
Definitely enjoyed it and not sure what all the negative feedback was about. The story maybe went for a couple hours too long but was worth it in the end.

I just platinumed this today. Only started playing a week or so ago and have managed to avoid any spoilers.
Definitely enjoyed it and not sure what all the negative feedback was about. The story maybe went for a couple hours too long but was worth it in the end.

Finished and platinumed in a week?

tenor.gif

(no I am not dating @Quivorir).
Your loss.
Quivorir is a dreamboat.

best game I’ve played in ages. Couldn’t put it down until it was finished. Started a 2nd playthrough on the PS5. Even better experience.

I really need to play this again. I finished it twice on the hardest setting before Grounded mode was released IIRC. I liked but didn’t love it, and am hoping I can see it differently having had a while pass. Next play through will be on PS5 when I finally get one, but I also feel like I’ll need a 4K tv to appreciate it in its entirety.

Finally got around to beating it. Game play is solid, but it's really just a platform for absolutely stunning story telling. Really excellent, for any medium. Shed a tear at the end, which is the first time any media has got that from me since Manchester By The Sea. Would love another but the story has been told.

Only thing would be to keep the world and pivot to a different character.

I'd say leave it as it is, good ending...

the other part of me wants another game, I just can't get enough of them.

Not sure what it says about the state of the world but it feels more real to me to than most dramas set in the real world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of people claiming the inconsistency between gameplay and story. Like murder 100 people to only let someone go...
I thought it was mainly Bro shooter types who hate lesbians. Also a few who hate plots that don't match the preferred beloved main character arcs in their minds.

I think they should definitely make a 3rd and really spin the negative world into a massive redemption/hope/bright future story to close it out. Over time, the haters will forget about the sad time they had in 2 if the pay off is massive.

I thought it was mainly Bro shooter types who hate lesbians. Also a few who hate plots that don't match the preferred beloved main character arcs in their minds.

I think they should definitely make a 3rd and really spin the negative world into a massive redemption/hope/bright future story to close it out. Over time, the haters will forget about the sad time they had in 2 if the pay off is massive.

Druckmann has publicly stated they have a outline of the story for part 3. I personally just imagined Ellie went back to Jackson to reunite with Dina and Tommy they all forgive each other and lived happily ever after lol. But as Druckmann has previously said this story is not about happy endings and honestly it wouldnt be honest to the existing story telling to make one. I kinda think they should leave it where it is but admit I'll be buying part 3 as soon as they release it.

Druckmann has publicly stated they have a outline of the story for part 3. I personally just imagined Ellie went back to Jackson to reunite with Dina and Tommy they all forgive each other and lived happily ever after lol. But as Druckmann has previously said this story is not about happy endings and honestly it wouldnt be honest to the existing story telling to make one. I kinda think they should leave it where it is but admit I'll be buying part 3 as soon as they release it.
How would it not be honest to make the 3rd different? The first one isn't exactly an unhappy ending, it was more a like a drawn game. The 2nd was clearly unhappy with a few things left unsaid that could go either way. They can do what ever they want, I just would rather a Shawshank Redemption type conclusion than another 20 hour game where the hero's end up in a worst place by the end.

The original star wars trilogy had a win in the first movie, defeat in the 2nd and a big win in the 3rd. Having variety and leaving the audience guessing is sometimes a good strategy.

How would it not be honest to make the 3rd different? The first one isn't exactly an unhappy ending, it was more a like a drawn game. The 2nd was clearly unhappy with a few things left unsaid that could go either way. They can do what ever they want, I just would rather a Shawshank Redemption type conclusion than another 20 hour game where the hero's end up in a worst place by the end.

The original star wars trilogy had a win in the first movie, defeat in the 2nd and a big win in the 3rd. Having variety and leaving the audience guessing is sometimes a good strategy.

It wouldnt be honest because very very little good happens in the world they have set up within the first 2 games. Just going by what we have seen so far there is far greater then 50% chance that all the characters we know would die horrifically. A happy ending for Ellie would make me happy but not sure how they do it if they are being consistent, but they are far better writers then I am so will see what they come up with.

It wouldnt be honest because very very little good happens in the world they have set up within the first 2 games. Just going by what we have seen so far there is far greater then 50% chance that all the characters we know would die horrifically. A happy ending for Ellie would make me happy but not sure how they do it if they are being consistent, but they are far better writers then I am so will see what they come up with.

Agreed. I think that's what made GOT so disappointing. A happy ending wasn't consistent with the world they had set up.

Agreed. I think that's what made GOT so disappointing. A happy ending wasn't consistent with the world they had set up.

Was it a happy ending for GoT though? I guess you could argue it was, with Bran being king and a few regulars becoming the new council.

I'd say probably more bittersweet, considering that with probably the 2 most popular characters, one goes crazy and is killed by the other, who is promptly banished beyond the wall.

Was it a happy ending for GoT though? I guess you could argue it was, with Bran being king and a few regulars becoming the new council.

I'd say probably more bittersweet, considering that with probably the 2 most popular characters, one goes crazy and is killed by the other, who is promptly banished beyond the wall.

The characters that survived the show were:
  • Jon Snow
  • Arya Stark
  • Sansa Stark
  • Bran Stark
  • Samwell Tarly
  • Tyrion Lannister
  • Grey Worm
  • Davos Seaworth
  • Gendry Baratheon
  • Brienne of Tarth
  • Podrick Payne
  • Tormund Giantsbane
  • Bronn
All lovable fan favorites and Bran.

Based on the scale of the battles of the last season, the surviving characters should have been Jon Snow and Arya or Tyrion. Playing the Game of Thrones should have ended in absolute devastation for everyone involved.

Snow killing Dany would have had real gravitas because even though she was evil she would have been the family he had left. That was the scale that the hype should have led to.

I see a happy ending involving a cure, probably to do with Ellie. That would turn the place around pretty quick, although the bigger monsters seem to be the humans in the game.

GOT was similar to TLOU2 and the backlash came due to the popular character not behaving the way some fans wanted. I actually liked the ending though, so maybe I just like something to finish happy(ish)/resolved rather than sad/open ended.

The characters that survived the show were:
  • Jon Snow
  • Arya Stark
  • Sansa Stark
  • Bran Stark
  • Samwell Tarly
  • Tyrion Lannister
  • Grey Worm
  • Davos Seaworth
  • Gendry Baratheon
  • Brienne of Tarth
  • Podrick Payne
  • Tormund Giantsbane
  • Bronn
All lovable fan favorites and Bran.

Based on the scale of the battles of the last season, the surviving characters should have been Jon Snow and Arya or Tyrion. Playing the Game of Thrones should have ended in absolute devastation for everyone involved.

Snow killing Dany would have had real gravitas because even though she was evil she would have been the family he had left. That was the scale that the hype should have led to.

Hmm, I suppose so. But you can't say characters like Sansa, Sam, Grey Worm, Gendry, Pod, and Tormund were as loved as Jon and Dany. Those 2 plus Tyrion and Arya, then daylight.

But yes I take your point, looking at that list I agree more should probably have died. Anyway, wrong thread, sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back