PS4 The Last of Us Part II - PS5 Remaster coming Jan 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a happy ending involving a cure, probably to do with Ellie. That would turn the place around pretty quick, although the bigger monsters seem to be the humans in the game.

GOT was similar to TLOU2 and the backlash came due to the popular character not behaving the way some fans wanted. I actually liked the ending though, so maybe I just like something to finish happy(ish)/resolved rather than sad/open ended.

I just love the dark endings. Very rarely do happy endings stay with me. Always gotta be at least bitter sweet.

My favorite movies are Chinatown, The Shining, One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest, In Bruges, Casablanca, Pans Labyrinth, Gladiator, Se7en.

The closest I'd come to a happy ending in my favorites would be something like Silence of the Lambs where the killer gets caught.

I see a happy ending involving a cure, probably to do with Ellie. That would turn the place around pretty quick, although the bigger monsters seem to be the humans in the game.

Surely the potential outline they have for part 3 revisits that aspect. Ellie finally (and willingly) sacrificing herself to save the world.

Would bring it back full circle, and provide at least partly a 'happy' ending while still keeping firmly in line with the world they've established.

They have established that a cure means Ellie has to die not a happy ending for me but they could turn her into a hero by doing so. Unless at this point they do find another immune person. I could be wrong but at some point I think they said Dr Anderson was the only one who could make a vaccine anyway. I suppose you could go back on this but why say it in the first place.

I agree the humans are just as bad as the infected as far as threats go. Are they too far gone? Joel probably thought so and might have been a part of his reason for saving Ellie.

They have established that a cure means Ellie has to die not a happy ending for me but they could turn her into a hero by doing so. Unless at this point they do find another immune person. I could be wrong but at some point I think they said Dr Anderson was the only one who could make a vaccine anyway. I suppose you could go back on this but why say it in the first place.

I agree the humans are just as bad as the infected as far as threats go. Are they too far gone? Joel probably thought so and might have been a part of his reason for saving Ellie.

I don't see the Dr Anderson thing as all that big a deal - he was the only one they knew of, communications are pretty limited, they could easily find and introduce another group with someone else capable and working on a cure.

Some good potential for storytelling around your last paragraph, Ellie weighing up if humanity is too far gone and if Joel's decision in part 1 was right after all etc.

I actually think the happiest ending would be Ellie turning. Abby sets up a research group, they find out it wasn't her brain but something else, the presence of some other fungal infection in her gut that has waned over time. Would give meaning to everyone's choices along the way.

Finished and platinumed in a week?

tenor.gif
Pitch meetings rule

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And good news for existing owners of The Last of Us Part II on PlayStation 4! You will be able to upgrade to a digital version of The Last of Us Part II Remastered for $10 USD(3) at launch.(4) You’ll also be able to import your saves from the original game to Part II Remastered.

And good news for existing owners of The Last of Us Part II on PlayStation 4! You will be able to upgrade to a digital version of The Last of Us Part II Remastered for $10 USD(3) at launch.(4) You’ll also be able to import your saves from the original game to Part II Remastered.

I can’t say that I saw that one coming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back