The Lego Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I think this'll be a bit like Diagon Alley which still hasn't hit retail. It took the Hogwarts Castle which took a while to go on general release and even then discounts were limited.

I suspect the Icons set will sell out quickly and with current supply issues, who knows when we might see it restocked. Of course, if you have a physical store near you they may have some too.
Its gonna have to wait
Moving house atm and money is needed elsewhere
Plus ive only just got all the HP sets from the last release off layby.

For 500 dollarydoos the Camp Nou set looks a bit sh*t.
Yeah I'm not a fan of the theme, I guess it's Lego appealing to adults who may not otherwise consider buying sets. Like Old Trafford, this isn't going to be bought by anyone who's not a fan of the team.

Even if they made a model of, say, the MCG, I'm not sure I'd get it. Brickman's one was just awesome.

EDIT : typo

Last edited:
Me too , I hope there are good discounts for it
Both of the last two big Technic sets, the Zetros and Tow Truck (released only a month or so ago) are already available at 30% off, so perhaps we'll get lucky. The Liebherr, however, took a while before it was available at a discount.

BTW, I recommend the Tow Truck if you're into Technic, especially at current discounts. A challenging and rewarding build. I left the stickers off mine, I think it looks better.

Both of the last two big Technic sets, the Zetros and Tow Truck (released only a month or so ago) are already available at 30% off, so perhaps we'll get lucky. The Liebherr, however, took a while before it was available at a discount.

BTW, I recommend the Tow Truck if you're into Technic, especially at current discounts. A challenging and rewarding build. I left the stickers off mine, I think it looks better.

i looked at that at the Lego store the other week, looks pretty good, went for the space shuttle instead

just had a look at its only $179 at Big W at the moment

i looked at that at the Lego store the other week, looks pretty good, went for the space shuttle instead

just had a look at its only $179 at Big W at the moment

Yep, and there's a GET10 coupon for $10 off any $100 spend (no membership required) and also 1000 extra points if you're a Woolworths rewards member. Would definitely recommend at that price.

Yep, and there's a GET10 coupon for $10 off any $100 spend (no membership required) and also 1000 extra points if you're a Woolworths rewards member. Would definitely recommend at that price.

just brought it, $100 cheaper then buying through Lego

Yeah I'm not a fan of the theme, I guess it's Lego appealing to adults who may not otherwise consider buying sets. Like Old Trafford, this isn't going to be bought by anyone who's not a fan of the team.

Even if they made a model of, say, the MCG, I'm not sure I'd get it. Brickman's one was just awesome.

EDIT : typo

I don't own it but I think the Old Trafford model looks a lot better. The Nou Camp just looks a bit basic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got this done. Looks OK actually, it's brighter and more colourful than the pictures suggest. Just over 1m long.

(This isn't one of the standard layouts that the book suggests, but as it's built in 8 vertical panels, you can in practice display it in multiple ways. We settled on Australia in the middle. A very few dot changes to accommodate this)

IMG_20210823_183937.jpg

I'm half way through building a cabinet so I can start building my pirate ship, but since I can't go into bunnings it's on hold at the moment. So in the mean time figured it start building this. Pretty quick build. Could probably knock it out in an hour and a half or so if I didn't have distractions.

20210903_184443.jpg

Purchased the Space shuttle discovery for father's day -dont recall doing a build with 500 steps damn heavy that book-now to clear a table to start it😁
Great choice. Apart from the silver stickers it's an awesome build. The Hubble is really clever too, the way it can either fit inside when closed or displayed on a stand inside the set.

Purchased the Space shuttle discovery for father's day -dont recall doing a build with 500 steps damn heavy that book-now to clear a table to start it😁

i finished that last week, its a great build, rather heavy too, now they need to release the launch tower and the fuel and rocket boosters

View attachment 1226092

Pick one Bigfooty to build, now that I have some spare time. Also if enough people want happy to do more blog style posts on the build process.
That's a handsome haul - my answer would be all of them :p. I'm loving your display cabinet in the background too. You have five of my all-time favourite sets in this picture :thumbsu:

The NES was a bit hot and cold for mine as a build - the TV is awesome, the mechanism very clever, but it is hard to get right. The display is laborious as it's largely small tiles. The console is less interesting to build and I never did get the eject mechanism working properly. The easter egg is very cool though and the TV particularly is a great talking point on display.

The Haunted House is also very clever, with lots of references to old Adventurer sets. The build is a little repetitive but it's a great display piece and the drop mechanism is awesome - it works very well and every time you demonstrate it people will wonder just how they did it. The organ build is awesome.

My pick of the three though would be the Treehouse, this just has so much character and the build is never dull. The three rooms are basically the same outside but it never feels repetitive. There's lots of detail everywhere. You get a choice of leaf colour and if there's one criticism it's that the leaves are a bit fiddly and not all secure. I keep meaning to get a bunch of white leaves so I can put mine in the Christmas Village.

So there you have it. Build whichever appeals to you the most.

That's a handsome haul - my answer would be all of them :p. I'm loving your display cabinet in the background too. You have five of my all-time favourite sets in this picture :thumbsu:

The NES was a bit hot and cold for mine as a build - the TV is awesome, the mechanism very clever, but it is hard to get right. The display is laborious as it's largely small tiles. The console is less interesting to build and I never did get the eject mechanism working properly. The easter egg is very cool though and the TV particularly is a great talking point on display.

The Haunted House is also very clever, with lots of references to old Adventurer sets. The build is a little repetitive but it's a great display piece and the drop mechanism is awesome - it works very well and every time you demonstrate it people will wonder just how they did it. The organ build is awesome.

My pick of the three though would be the Treehouse, this just has so much character and the build is never dull. The three rooms are basically the same outside but it never feels repetitive. There's lots of detail everywhere. You get a choice of leaf colour and if there's one criticism it's that the leaves are a bit fiddly and not all secure. I keep meaning to get a bunch of white leaves so I can put mine in the Christmas Village.

So there you have it. Build whichever appeals to you the most.

Cheers for the comprehensive break-down CP!

The Saturn V was a great build, when I get bored I might disassemble and document the build - it employed several genius techniques to make building a cylinder engaging and fun.

I heard the same thing about the tree house but it has to be built sometime right? :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back