The love for Buddy

Remove this Banner Ad

Bock played very well tonight. Would love him at the hawks.

I am actually glad we won without buddy kicking a bag. Might shut some of the people up that think we are a one man team who only wins when buddy dominates.
Thats a good point, I was talking at half time to my Hawthorn supporting mate, and I mentioned to him he has to be stoked to still be playing well without Buddy firing.

Surely you know how the media is by now mate. It's not gonna stop. He is the poster child of the AFL right now. His attitude, looks and obviously his skills sell papers and tickets and recruits fans to the game.

Most of us Hawks fans would also like to see it toned down but what can you do.

Dont let it turn you into a petty jealous hater. Just enjoy watching him play (except when its your lot!)
I am not a hater, the man is a freak, as I stated I like the bloke, I think he is the best player in the comp I just dont like the constant praise.

It seems he could muff a kick and people would still praise him for it.

Buddy won the game for the Hawks when it seemed gone.
Craig let him run loose in the last few minutes and it backfired.

Bock beat Franklin all day - he was the man to beat Buddy - excellent job - prevented Franklin from having any real opportunities. But the only reason Franklin will get any suspension is because of how soft the AFL is... he intended to hip and shoulder the chest but bloody Ossie tackled the Crows guy and Buddy hit him a little high. Ideally and if you look past the loathing of Buddy... he should get nothing more than a reprimand/reduced points by accepting early guilty plea (as perhaps Burton should have gotten - I dunno as I didn't see the incident in question).

But I'm sure a few of you will shoot me down and say I am just protecting Buddy.... but you think you were unlucky with Burton... try being a Hawthorn player in the line of fire this year - you don't get a very fair adjudication or leniancy as afford some players (Goodes anyone?). We have to live with that, but it just wouldn't be right for Buddy to go for that.

Franklin needs to go. Consistancy (besides if you play in red and white) is what the AFL should atleast get right. He should go for a week atleast.

It was stupid.

I'm sure Hodge and Osborne will argue your point! IMO they had more of an influence in the last term than Buddy...

Buddy was good when he went into the midfield, but he wasn't why Hawthorn won...

Missing easy shots on goal 'backfired!'

Franklin needs to go. Consistancy (besides if you play in red and white) is what the AFL should atleast get right. He should go for a week atleast.

It was stupid.

He hit him high, elbow tucked in...free kick yes, report and suspension, hmmm i don't reckon.

But then they are sanitising the game...

Exactly, when the game was there to be won he was superb. It just shows what's now expected of this guy, as he is that good. Bock played unreal and beat him, but I can only remember one contested mark he took on Buddy all night. The delivery to him all night was horrific plus he was triple teamed on occasions. Buddy still played a good game tonight lets be serious.

And to you- although I feel we may need the luck a little more than you :eek:

I'm still not convinced you'll take the flag away from the Cats or the Dogs but footy is an interesting game. As long as Port Adelaide or the Magpies don't win it I'm a happy man.

Yes, both lost, are you happy now?

yeah a lot of his shots were from tough positions but that's why he's a freak and feared coz he has been kicking them from those sort of situations all year, the last few weeks especially. But he does miss a lot of them too, he has kicked more behinds that the next player has kicked goals this year.

Had buddy kicked 7-1, 6-2 or even 5-3 i don't think that would change how people viewed bock's game because he still had the better of him when it was a 50-50 ball.

I disagree completely.

What people are overlooking is not the 8 shots at goal, but focus on that Buddy took only two marks in a game which had the best conditions for a night game at footy park in a fair while. Because he didn't get many set shots he was forced to be taking little pot shots at goal from bizarre angles which even he was never going to get in.

He was pantsed last night and more likely than not will learn from it and become a gulp, even better player. But Bock was not only beating him offensively, he was beating him in the one on ones and in the air:thumbsu:

Bock beat Franklin all day - he was the man to beat Buddy - excellent job - prevented Franklin from having any real opportunities. But the only reason Franklin will get any suspension is because of how soft the AFL is... he intended to hip and shoulder the chest but bloody Ossie tackled the Crows guy and Buddy hit him a little high. Ideally and if you look past the loathing of Buddy... he should get nothing more than a reprimand/reduced points by accepting early guilty plea (as perhaps Burton should have gotten - I dunno as I didn't see the incident in question).

Have to be honest that was my impression as well

This guy is a freak. Tall and quick. Had one eye on him and the other on the game all night. You just don't realise how much ground he covers in such a small amount of time on TV.

He could be better than Carey if he keeps this up.

But for all you young ones out there, although they might not have been as quick but both Barry Robran and Russell Ebert were just as good in their time.

I disagree completely.

What people are overlooking is not the 8 shots at goal, but focus on that Buddy took only two marks in a game which had the best conditions for a night game at footy park in a fair while. Because he didn't get many set shots he was forced to be taking little pot shots at goal from bizarre angles which even he was never going to get in.

He was pantsed last night and more likely than not will learn from it and become a gulp, even better player. But Bock was not only beating him offensively, he was beating him in the one on ones and in the air:thumbsu:
You've not watched Franklin much, have you?

Let me just say this, I am a huge fan of Buddy, I think he is the best player in the AFL, but tonight he was soundly beaten by Bock.

Buddy had a good last quater, covered alot of ground but he was pantsed for 3 qtrs and then broke even in the 4th. Come the end of the game all the commentators get a semi over Buddy and his game.

Bock was huge tonight but come the end of the game he is not getting any judos.

Franklins hit, to me is a pretty clear cut thing, he has to go, for mine, it is pretty similar to Burtons, not much in it but stupid. The commentators are already claiming its only a glancing blow etc etc. Its like they are trying and willing to get him off.

I may be just frustrated but right now I am over the buddy love.
Burton lined a bloke up from 15 metres away who had his head over the ball, Buddy tried to bump a bloke who got caught in a tackle and was coming down as buddy came through, A hit to the front is no where near as bad as a hit to the top of the head. Buddy to get 125 points, reduced to 90 and play next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burton lined a bloke up from 15 metres away who had his head over the ball, Buddy tried to bump a bloke who got caught in a tackle and was coming down as buddy came through, A hit to the front is no where near as bad as a hit to the top of the head. Buddy to get 125 points, reduced to 90 and play next week.

You ruin a decent post by starting with a blatant lie.

You weren't even at the game were you?

This guy is a freak. Tall and quick. Had one eye on him and the other on the game all night. You just don't realise how much ground he covers in such a small amount of time on TV.

He could be better than Carey if he keeps this up.

But for all you young ones out there, although they might not have been as quick but both Barry Robran and Russell Ebert were just as good in their time.

Don't let a vic hear that, they try and burn you at the stake, i think they are still trying to convince themselves that Franlkin is Victorian so he can be considered the best a bit like what they tried with Carey.

But Franklin is a freak - one day he will get 15 goals all he needs to do is kick straight.

You ruin a decent post by starting with a blatant lie.

You weren't even at the game were you?

Which game, Hawks v Adelaide, no, I wasn't, I'm a vic, I was at home watching TV.
Or Essendon v Adelaide? Why would I got watch stuff like that?

Burton was always going to hit him in the head, deserved what he got.

Don't let a vic hear that, they try and burn you at the stake, i think they are still trying to convince themselves that Franlkin is Victorian so he can be considered the best a bit like what they tried with Carey.

But Franklin is a freak - one day he will get 15 goals all he needs to do is kick straight.

We all know Carey is a New South Welshman, you guys try to claim him more than us. And Franklin's dad was a vic, we'll claim him. Also, the best ever is still Lethal Leigh Matthews.

Which game, Hawks v Adelaide, no, I wasn't, I'm a vic, I was at home watching TV.

why don't you just leave now before before people start thinking your a ________

oh, too late.

why don't you just leave now before before people start thinking your a ________

oh, too late.

I just don't understand how the Burton and Buddy bumps were at all alike, one guys had his head over the ball, the other got hit front on, completely different and Burton's was so much more dangerous due to the risk of spinal injury.

I just don't understand how the Burton and Buddy bumps were at all alike, one guys had his head over the ball, the other got hit front on, completely different and Burton's was so much more dangerous due to the risk of spinal injury.

mate you don't understand football, its ok don't worry alot of fans don't

shit i don't understands the holding ball rule anymore thats why i don't bother commenting :thumbsu:

Franklin never plays well the week after kicking a big bag, and he's not got a great record at AAMI Stadium either, so i wasn't surprised. Good to see him get a run in the midfield, was unstoppable.

mate you don't understand football, its ok don't worry alot of fans don't

shit i don't understands the holding ball rule anymore thats why i don't bother commenting :thumbsu:
Nobody understands that one anymore. But buddy's bump was more like Robert Murphys than a Burton, so at worse 1 week. Still don't know how Goodes got off.

So you didn't watch the game and have some kind of psychic connection to how far Burton was away when he went into the bump.

Wow you're believable:rolleyes:

Notes join date and User name.

Anyone smell a bandwagoner?

So you didn't watch the game and have some kind of psychic connection to how far Burton was away when he went into the bump.

Wow you're believable:rolleyes:

Notes join date and User name.

Anyone smell a bandwagoner?
Sorry you got me, I haven't been a member since 1999 (I was 13 when I bought my first). I wasn't at the Merger Match, Dunstalls last game, Last game at Waverley, Prelim against Essendon, or any other major match we've played in over that time. I don't have footy jumpers covered in signartures of Dunstall, Langford, Jarman (when he was ours), Platten etc. Yes, I'm new to bigfooty, yeah, i think Buddy is a superstar, but always been on the hawks, never even question that one.

You see Burton come in from about 8/9 metres away, as full pace, already lining up the bump, the other 6/7 metres were a guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back