The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well considering he’s been there for virtually the whole of Arsenal’s PL existence what do people expect?

Isn't football about winning trophies?

I get what you're trying to say. But it's a terrible call. We won three trophies after that, and we have more FA Cups than any other club, thanks to him.
So you've not wanted to Wenger out for the last 5 years lol changed your tune massively not that he has announced he is going.

You raise valid points.

Yet a good portion of the fan base has tried to hound him out for at least a couple of years.
Can’t have it both ways.
Cruffy has been Wenger out since he made that Arsenal is dead and stagnating thread 3+ years ago lol

Huge news. Wasn’t really expecting it.

Does anyone think someone may have finally tapped him on the shoulder?

Doubtful.

Wenger maybe a lot of things but he truly loves the club. It's obvious that this season has been the one that's broken everyone involved - players, fans and manager.

Sadly it's the old adage "one season too long". Bowing out last year with a 3rd FA Cup in 4 years would have been a fair way to go out, not at the peak of his powers but still with a little bit of cheer left in the bank but this season has just been a mess.

I'll never slag the man off, what he has done for the club has been amazing and i really believe he deserves his place amongst the managerial greats but i am glad that finally we have clarity on the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon this must be a huge weight off Wenger's shoulders. It's been a real battle for him over the past few years.

Hopefully this restores his standing at the club a bit. He has had lots of critics within the club but I reckon now the decision has been made all of the Arsenal supporters will give him a good send off.

His last few years shouldn't destroy the legacy he created, and his contribution to Arsenal and the game in general.

Huge news. Gonna be really interesting to see how Arsenal go under new management. It hasnt gone well at all for United since SAF left, I wonder if Arsenal will suffer the same fate.

A legend of the game though.

glenferry23 Cruyff14 Latro Shoei any idea if he plans to continue to manage and will look for work elsewhere or is he retiring?

Huge news. Gonna be really interesting to see how Arsenal go under new management. It hasnt gone well at all for United since SAF left, I wonder if Arsenal will suffer the same fate.

glenferry23 Cruyff14 Latro Shoei any idea if he plans to continue to manage and will look for work elsewhere or is he retiring?
Arsenal have already dropped off though. Ferguson left with United as champions. Think it’s a different scenario

I’m due to have dinner with him Tuesday evening Jod, I’ll ask him for you then.

He's quoted as saying that he'd continue coaching even if he left Arsenal back in Feb 2017 and depending if you believe some of the rags writers he''ll "go straight back in to management next season".

IMO this season has been so hard for him, going from attacks on his managerial abilities to attacks against him as a person, that i think he might take some time off.

I think he'll put his hand up for the PSG job and maybe if the France job becomes available at the end of the World Cup but i wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't jump straight back in next year anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back