The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

There's no way he would go anywhere else in England (unless it was a lower club if he ever got sacked from Arsenal). He went there because he thinks he is an Arsenal Legend. He had no interest in any other club, even Everton where he is more of a legend and we offered him the job.

He spoke pretty well to be fair, and I'd be surprised if that wasn't his goal.

One thing they mentioned during that interview is that as a manager he's never bought a player for money. All freebies and existing squad players.

Last edited:
He spoke pretty well to be fair, and I'd be surprised if that wasn't his goal.

One thing they mentioned during that interview is that as a manager he's never bought a player for money. All freebies and existing squad players.

And he hasn't improved any of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Potter had one of the oldest and most experienced squads in the league. Pochs is the youngest.
He also had no striker except an old and useless PEA. Money spent on a bunch of spuds (prior to him arriving), or on areas that weren't of need (see Fernandez) and the squad was ageing.

He also had no striker except an old and useless PEA. Money spent on a bunch of spuds (prior to him arriving), or on areas that weren't of need (see Fernandez) and the squad was ageing.

Potter was a disaster. As mediocre as i think Poch is his football is still 100 times better than what we were serving up last season and imo he has a fair weaker squad to work with to

Potter was a disaster. As mediocre as i think Poch is his football is still 100 times better than what we were serving up last season and imo he has a fair weaker squad to work with to
I disagree, Poch has a better squad to work with and his football is puke compared to Potter, but that is my personal opinion.

Lose on Monday it's 4 pl defeats in a row and no wins in 9.

Sign me up for whatever the alternative is.

So long as Steidten is given the power to choose the replacement.
What’s the complaints? West Ham are 7th on the EPL table and gunning for Europa League success.

What’s the complaints? West Ham are 7th on the EPL table and gunning for Europa League success.
Style of play and underperforming with the players we have mainly.

Would say Areola has probably won at least 3 games for us singlehandedly.

Long-term I don't think you can have success with the 3rd lowest possession and playing one of the deepest blocks without pressing.

From someone in the know, our top 3 choices to replace Moyes if we go down that route are Hoeness, Slot and Fonseca apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back