The Manager Merry-go-Round

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really surprising, Bayern is still a plum job and replacing a figure as huge as Klopp in a league dominated by Pep probs isnt as appealing.

It's telling that Bayern are trying to leak stuff all the time about Xabi. Liverpool are giving nothing away - most likely because we've already negotiated a deal. This explains it well

She's ITK. And she isn't leaking information about Xabi's discussions with Liverpool.

In contrast Bayern are leaking stuff all the time.
Thats just the arrogance of Bayern, they expect to be able to cannibalise any team in their league and also try to unsettle any challenger.

I just can't see him saying no to them.

Thats just the arrogance of Bayern, they expect to be able to cannibalise any team in their league and also try to unsettle any challenger.

I just can't see him saying no to them.

if that was the case and they felt they had their man I doubt they'd be leaking stuff publicly. Bayern have nothing to offer Alonso that Liverpool can't. Every top manager wants to manage in the PL, not the Bundesliga. Alonso would have already won the Bundesliga (likely) with Leverkusen. Winning it with Bayern would certainly be an anti climax for any manager after winning it with an underdog.

I'm pretty confident Xabi will be our manager next season. Bayern leaking stuff makes me even more confident that we've probably reached some sort of agreement already. I'd be more worried if Real were trying to sign him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets say Alonso doesn’t want to leave Germany, why wouldn’t he just continue his project with Leverkusen? At Bayern he could get sacked in months for being in 2nd place.

Would be like Nathan Jones at Luton, a great project there, then thinks the grass is greener at Southampton, gets binned quickly and is now managing Charlton mid table in league 1 instead of Luton in the prem.

Lets say Alonso doesn’t want to leave Germany, why wouldn’t he just continue his project with Leverkusen? At Bayern he could get sacked in months for being in 2nd place.

Would be like Nathan Jones at Luton, a great project there, then thinks the grass is greener at Southampton, gets binned quickly and is now managing Charlton mid table in league 1 instead of Luton in the prem.
I guess he'd back himself to make a success of it. And of he doesn't I'm sure the payout from a couple of months would soften the blow.

Bayern probably target Leverkusen's players to weaken them like they do with any other German threats

Bayern probably target Leverkusen's players to weaken them like they do with any other German threats
Smart but dirty from Bayern to unsettle Leverkusen during a title race too. They could fall away or be galvanised by it.

IMO if I'm Alonso I am waiting for the next manager to flop before looking at the Liverpool job. Whilst it is a risk for him if he fails next season, he has plenty of time before needing to make such a move. Plenty for him still to learn I'm sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back