Matildas The Matildas and The 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

But australia won and we play next week. the usa lost and the players career was over. Its not exactly like for like.

ps. Its a shirt. It was a Nice act but giving away a shirt is not the most selfless act. She will get another one in 3 days time.

Ok yeah so you have no idea what moment I’m even referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But australia won and we play next week. the usa lost and the players career was over. Its not exactly like for like.

ps. Its a shirt. It was a Nice act but giving away a shirt is not the most selfless act. She will get another one in 3 days time.

It’s a shirt worn in a historic win. How does this need to be pointed out to you?

Most craziest penalty shootout.
Semi final v England. Bring it on

On another note. It would be absolute ******* fantastic if FFA/A league capitalise on this success… which they probably won’t. Most inept sports organisation in Australia. So much popularity

Not sure this women's soccer thing will catch on tbh...

There's always one of course...

F3VIGlHaMAAqXKn

Holy sh*t I thought that was a p*sstake! That's bloody real hahaha!!

I really don't see what the big deal about that Rapinoe video is. She signed the ball, not like she told him to * off. She shouldn't be expected to be stoked about being approached in public. It wasn't a meet and greet event. Of course Piers Morgan shared it having a whinge. That Oli London guy seems like a massive flog scrolling through his twitter too.

Nice moment from Kerr though. That kid will remember it forever.

It’s a shirt worn in a historic win. How does this need to be pointed out to you?

Its not a massive selfless act. In fact I wouldnt even use the word selfless at all. Why are we even talking about a player giving away a shirt? whole teams used to do it all the time after historic wins. This aint news.

I really don't see what the big deal about that Rapinoe video is. She signed the ball, not like she told him to * off. She shouldn't be expected to be stoked about being approached in public. It wasn't a meet and greet event. Of course Piers Morgan shared it having a whinge. That Oli London guy seems like a massive flog scrolling through his twitter too.

Nice moment from Kerr though. That kid will remember it forever.

if it annoys piss morgan, then I like it

hopefully we give him another thing to cry about next week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Semi Finals Fixture

Semi Final 1

Spain
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png

V
Sweden
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png

Date: Tuesday 15th August
Time: 8:00pm NZLT, 6:00pm EST, 5:30pm CST, 4:00pm WST
TV: 7Mate, Optus Sports Streaming: 7Plus
Venue: Eden Park, Auckland

Semi Final 2

Australia
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png

V
England
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Date: Wednesday 16th August
Time: 8:00pm EST, 7:30pm CST, 6:00pm, WST 10:00pm, NZLT
TV: Channel 7, Optus Sports Streaming: 7plus
Venue: Stadium Australia, Sydney

Semi Finals Fixture

Semi Final 1

Spain
23px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png

V
Sweden
23px-Flag_of_Sweden.svg.png

Date: Tuesday 15th August
Time: 8:00pm NZLT, 6:00pm EST, 5:30pm CST, 4:00pm WST
TV: Optus Sports
Venue: Edan Park, Auckland

Semi Final 2

Australia
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png

V
England
23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png

Date: Wednesday 16th August
Time: 8:00pm EST, 7:30pm CST, 6:00pm, WST 10:00pm, NZLT
TV: Channel 7, Optus Sports Streaming: 7plus
Venue: Stadium Australia, Sydney

Women's football in Sweden must be very strong.

The Matilda's leave absolutely everything out there, that was one of the most entertaining 0-0 draws you will ever see, they were throwing themselves into tackles/blocks right till the end.

I've never acutally watched a Matildas game before, but they are seriously inspiring and have converted me. I underestimated how big this WWC would be, the crowds and ratings have been massive. It's great to see

Only 2005 compares. Nothing else comes close.

There are big games, and then there was that. Those penalties ....Damn Girls.

I watched Scunny win 14-13 on PK kicks in the 1st round of the FA Cup. This is the 2nd longest one I have ever watched. I know there have been some crazy ones in the African Cup of Nations. But the tension of this one was off the charts.

As far as penalty shoot outs go, with 20 shots on goal, there was no real howlers where players missed everything by blasting wide or over the top, or that made it too easy for the keeper.

The players that missed all hit the post. A couple hit the bar and went in, and there were a couple the keepers got a hand to diving across without being able to deflect past the post. The one that Hunt took, even though it was at the right height, the France keeper did an incredible job to keep it out with one hand because it had power behind it. Maybe Catley's was curling back a bit towards the keeper after she struck it - but it was still a good shot.

One thing I noticed on Arnold's penalty take was that the ball was placed slightly off centre to the right on the penalty spot. Maybe if she put it right on the spot it would have hit the side post and deflected in, instead of out, such were the small margins between winning and losing for both teams.

As it got more and more tense, I was running out of the names of the Matildas finishing 11, as to who was still left that could take the spot kick. I guess we can assume that Kennedy is the last preferred penalty taker, or 11th choice - even though they like her technique on free kicks outside the box.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back